Do you think its irrational to go visit internet friends?

Discussion in 'General' started by jaykewashere, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I have some really cool friends on the net , and I've been talking to some of them for years I think it would be way cool to go see them but I fear my family and friends will question me if I state my intentions to go see them . What do you guys think ? Obviously I'm an adult and can do what I want but im gonna have to tell somebody if I plan to leave the country ( especially the girl lol )

2. why not. Its not like everybody on the internet is out to lure you out of the country, pretend they are your friend and have the Russian Mafia kidnap you in your sleep and sell you on the slave market.

3. theres a couple people on here that i would meet up with if they were in my city, but i wouldnt pay for busfare or airfare to visit anyone.

4. not at all man. i am a member of another forum, large but a bit more close knit than this one, there is a meet up every year in england and in socal.

5. [quote name='"catfish swiming"']why not. Its not like everybody on the internet is out to lure you out of the country, pretend they are your friend and have the Russian Mafia kidnap you in your sleep and sell you on the slave market.[/quote]

That post is gonna make me much more comfortable leaving the country :lol:

6. Nowadays the internet has consumed our social life. Why not make real friends on the internet. It just seems like a trend. However I still prefer more face to face interaction :(

7. I completely disagree. I would much rather sit infront of a computer screen, feeling lonely and desperate for hours on end sometimes until 4am, typing and masturbating furiously hoping i can get that 1 more +rep, or that 1 more like.

Face to face interaction? Please.... This is the FUTURE!

8. [quote name='"catfish swiming"']
    I completely disagree. I would much rather sit infront of a computer screen, feeling lonely and desperate for hours on end sometimes until 4am, typing and masturbating furiously hoping i can get that 1 more +rep, or that 1 more like.

Face to face interaction? Please.... This is the FUTURE![/quote]

Amen to that

9. That made me laugh +rep to help fuel your addiction

10. SKINK GANG FOR LIFE!

[​IMG]

11. [quote name='"catfish swiming"']why not. Its not like everybody on the internet is out to lure you out of the country, pretend they are your friend and have the Russian Mafia kidnap you in your sleep and sell you on the slave market.[/quote]

Hahaha.. Russians.

12. I would rep but I'm on the app , maybe you can compensate by giving me rep , just kidding . But seriously is begging for rep an infraction cause I'm sure some people do it lol?

13. haha im on fire! first time logging on in about a month and i have got 7 +reps in just over 24 hours. Super low tolerance! IM STUFFING MY NOSE FULL!! GIVE ME MORE GIVE ME MORE!!!

rerps.JPG

EDIT: make that 8 reps now...

14. [quote name='"catfish swiming"']
    I completely disagree. I would much rather sit infront of a computer screen, feeling lonely and desperate for hours on end sometimes until 4am, typing and masturbating furiously hoping i can get that 1 more +rep, or that 1 more like.

Face to face interaction? Please.... This is the FUTURE![/quote]

Holy shit +rep when I'm off my phone..
    Hilarious ...

Goodshit:smoking:

15. 12 years ago I married an internet friend. She was in the US and I was on the other side of the world when we first met on the net. Twelve years later and we're still together and have 2 kids. She was exactly the same in reality as she was on the net - fantastic, beautiful and smart. GL man!

16. [quote name='"amsterdamage"']12 years ago I married an internet friend. She was in the US and I was on the other side of the world when we first met on the net. Twelve years later and we're still together and have 2 kids. She was exactly the same in reality as she was on the net - fantastic, beautiful and smart. GL man![/quote]

What a beutifull story. !

17. I've met some of the best and some of the worst people ever on the internet lol

18.   qft

19. If you trust them then go for it.

Have about 5 people that I would instantly visit. Met them over xbox and known them for about 5 years now. We talk about it all the time and are like brothers to me. There are a few people on here I would visit too.

My parents know about this and even talked about it, my friends, well I don't care what they have to say about it.

20. Yea I went on a computer Last week and was like wow people love me :) can someone tell me what my rep is at I can't check on the app