Do you think increased racial diversity in us is positive, negative, or neutral?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nativetongues, Jul 30, 2018.

?

Do you think increased racial diversity in the us positive, negative or neutral?

1. Positive

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Negative

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Neutral

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. I suppose if you’re up for an argument we could continue going backwards before the Indians...

J

2. Argument? That would only confirm our agreement even more, wouldn't it?

There's a modern day political religion that says diversity and immigration is good no matter what and anyone who doesn't agree completely is some form of racist, or bigot, or somehow a bad person.

History completely denies that political religion, and I think we should have some respect for that, even if it makes us uncomfortable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have no idea what you’re talking about and I’m guessing you don’t either. I say racial diversity is a good thing and you start talking about Indians, racism, bigots and bad people lol

But have a good day mister.

No matter what your race or skin color is... lol

4. Don't you understand the example with the Indians? You confirmed it yourself, now you're upset?

... doesn't this just confirm what I was just saying about a politicial religion?

It's good no matter what! Good day sir! I'm not interested in doing any thinking I said good day sir :laughing:

5. Yep - I still have no idea what you’re talking about lol - and so a good day to you as well! Lol

Edit: and where on earth did you get me being upset out of any of my comments?

You should reread your own - argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

J

6. I made the point that immigration and diversity can be good or bad, depending on the context. I made the example of the Native Americans, who were devastated by immigration and diversity.

Then you agreed with that - now you're upset? I'm confused too, man! Let's sort this out, instead of turning our backs on each other? We have to be able to communicate in this day and age, man, it's a real problem that people don't talk together

I'm sorta feeling like you're backpeddling out of this conversation now that you've realized it isn't universally good, with the Indian example, but you don't want to confront that uncomfortable truth, because it fucks with the religious idea you have of immigration/diversity always always always being a good thing

Edit: Stop feigning ignorance, you know whats going on :)

7. Ok, I apologize if I misrepresented you. Sincerely. Let's get back to the basics:

Did immigration and racial diversity do good things for the Native Americans in North America, or was it really bad for them?

8. I’m backpedaling out of a conversation with someone whose putting words in my mouth.

Show me one instance where I was upset lol

You brought up the Indians - and I could personally care less - and I’m sure you’ll have something to say about that also. The reason I could care less because it was going to happen no matter what. If it wasn’t the Indians living here and it was Eskimos then the same thing would’ve happened. It doesn’t even matter because mankind spreading him and herself all over the earth is inevitable and simply is. If it wasn’t one race of the white man doing it then some one else would have.

You aren’t suggesting that “Native Americans” are actually native to North America are you? Not that it even matters but they are not. They themselves moved here. People have been moving around the world, settling places driving other races out until they themselves are driven out forever since early times and I couldn’t personally care less one way or another.

But dude! You have a great weekend!

And don’t take shit so personal lol

J

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Oh there’s no doubt it was bad for them.

It was also going to happen NO MATTER WHAT - by somebody.

J

• Like Like x 1
  10. #50 STIGGY, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Morning Jerry
    Did you eat your Wheaties today?

11. Yeah - I’m out. It’s 5:00 in the morning and I’m just not up to arguments and deep conversations.

12. Nope

But I AM gonna go get me my coffee lol

J

13. Nono, nothing was taken personal! Dear stranger, I'm simply interested in understanding you. :)
    I was confused and surprised by your statements on this topic. I took your "If you're up for an argument..." line seriously, perhaps I shouldn't have.

We are discussing diversity and immigration, and the example of the Native Americans is quite powerful. You agree that it was bad for them, but that immigration and diversity is unstoppable, and natural. And that Native Americans weren't native to the American continent, alright, fair enough.

As long as we agree that groups of people displace each other, take over each others territory, and that certain groups of people can suffer when other groups of people immigrate (such as whoever was there before the "Native" Americans, per your argument), then we agree overall.

We can argue about whether or not it's unstoppable - I was merely interested in reaching an agreement that it's not always a good thing, and you confirm that point with your post, here. We're in agreement, dude.

• Like Like x 4
  14. #54 STIGGY, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    COFFEE ..........................

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1