Do you think I went to far?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Sickomindo, Jan 19, 2017.

1. I defoliated last night because after months on the side im buying into this theory. I know its hotly debated but I have read enough (hundreds of hours and 3 personal grows)and I think as long as everything else is dialed in, it should be ok but im curious on what you think. Did I go further then you would of if you Defo at all.

I am in 3rd Week of flowering under 600w with LED side supplement 4 are Hempys 1 is a Airpot (dont say it).

Before
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm saying yes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Afro to a buzzcut bruh

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lol really? Why? Cause you don't defoliate?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think your plants will be just fine however they have not benefited.You have probably lost some yield by going too far
    IMO

I think top leaves should be the ONLY ones ever defoliated if you want to do this practice. The lower fan leaves create much more sugar but this only works with certain strains.
    Your plants will be thriving in three-five days however but at a cost to yield and quality and could add a few days to flower depending on shock. You may however have created more uniformity this way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have read literally hundreds of hours on both sides of the debate and from peoples pics posted mine to me, dont seem anymore cut. Im looking at a bunch now. Amazes me how hard some are leaning on this issue lol. I appreciate your comments though bro.

7. I give a trim to bottom 1/3 of plants grown outdoors after 2 weeks of flower.

8. You may be better off talking abortion or gun rights to get a consensuses better than defo.

In my opinion, it only works if your lower fans are lacking a lot of light under a scrog. Again IMO

9. It'll do great in your situation, let there be light

10. Life is about experimenting. You don't know if the landing is soft until you convince a buddy to go first or just go for it yourself. Strain is a big factor.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Its just a plant, do whatever you want to it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. 1 Durban / 3 Wonder Woman /1 AK48.

13. I don't apply this technique, but it's done lemme know how it works out. You can't turn back now. Have you grown these strains before to compare your results?

14. I will. And no, i have never grown these strains before. And you picked the name justalilcrazy? Lol

15. That's a problem IMO. Now you won't know for yourself one way or another.

Now you really can't say "it worked SO good!!" Or "Man did I ever fuck up".

Ideally you'd want to do a couple runs and then test your theory - with anything you do differently to test it out.

J

• Like Like x 3
  16. Agree J. I know I wont do as well as I did on my first grow (12 Oz 4 plants DWC)

17. If you chop the fan leaves around the bud, it will hinder bud development significantly. After veg stage, toward the end of flower stage, i say it would be ok to defoliate the bottom fan leaves and leave the top leaves for the last 2 weeks of bud growth.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agree completely. I have never done this (defo) after the second week in flower. Only really used it to open up bud sites on bushier growth. Still never figured out whether it helped or not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I practice defo myself . But u have to have a different technique for growing your plants to actually do it right . U can increase yields if u really know what your doing . I read the article sick posted and I agree. You went a lil to far on your plants because of the stretch you have . I've been growing outside for years and have perfected my own way of growing outdoors . I am in the process of transitioning it to indoors now . If anyone wants to venture on a different way to grow I'll be glad to show anyone . Endless possibilities on ways to bend and train plants for higher yields . This was way before harvest about a month but the only pics I have of her . [​IMG][​IMG] I'm not arguing with anyone on here about defo. Lol I just grow the way I grow

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2