Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think I qualify for a medical marijuana card?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by candyfruitfly, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I haven't even graduated high school yet but have already had a lot of issues and experiences in my life such as:

-Bulimic for nearly 2 years (back before my mom found out about me smoking weed, pot actually helped me with this dramatically & lead to me to stop purging. I didn't crave to binge, I would crave the "high" I would get after purging.)

-PTSD from losing my virginity by being raped while unconscious (severe alcohol poisoning, when I was finally taken to the hospital the next morning my BAC was still lethal, in the .40's).

-Self Injury for the past few years by razors, the side of my torso is now literally covered with scars from rib to hip bone.

-TBI (traumatic brain injury) in the beginning of February from getting t-boned by a semi-truck when trying to get back on a highway. I can't even remember the accident or anything I said or did until a few weeks after it happened. I guess the hospital I first went to wasn't too sure if I'd even live, let alone be even semi-functional by the end of April. Obviously that's not the case:hello:, when my brain "woke up" it still works/remembers everything just as before!:yay:

-No consistent/bad sleeping patterns. Before my TBI I could easily stay up all night and still not be tired. Now some days I still feel tired all day after sleeping 8+ hours, other days I feel fine on only 2-3 hours of sleep. The only thing thing my brain still can't do is dream:(, when I fall asleep it literally feels like I closed my eyes for a second yet it's morning already!

-BDD (Body Dysmorphific Disorder) since I can even remember. Even when I reached my lowest BMI of 15 pre-accident I thought I still needed to lose more!

-Asthma. It was more serious when I was younger, I used to take an inhaler everyday. It usually only acts up now if I'm doing a lot of cardio (wheezing). I've heard marijuana is a bronchodilator?

Social Anxiety. I used to be very socially anxious but finally overcame that by just being more social and sure of myself, however being in the first few situations of talking to strangers was defiantly easier thanks to marijuana.:smoke: I am very comfortable talking to anyone now, just needed to take the first step.

-----------------------
    I've been seeing a therapist weekly for about a year but she would only ever listen to what I said, not giving much advice ever. I've made a lot of progress on these things by myself by realizing what/who triggers me to do negative coping techniques and changing around my routines. Also a psychologist I met with a few times gave me anxiety and sleeping pills, which both literally had no effect on me. Actually, while she was still adjusting around the medication she was giving me was when the car accident happened. I'm not saying that's what caused it but being drowsy from those and having my mind full of the one year anniversary of the rape too definitely wasn't the best condition to be driving in.:devious:

Friday I have an appointment with a doctor who will be my main doctor now & his main purpose is to prescribe me medication for the TBI [right now I'm on Ritalin & anit-seizure meds (LUCKILY still have never had a seizure in my whole life)], but also will also be aware of all the other issues I've had and am having. Although my mom hated when she found out about me owning marijuana in January & took away all 3 pieces I owned, she is completely for me getting a medical marijuana card now. She even told me tonight how she would so still smoke weed if it didn't put her having her nursing license at risk, haha.:smoke: The doctor I'm seeing Friday was shadowed by my brother last summer and he says he saw him recommend a medical marijuana card a handful of times, but more so prescribed Marinol (THC pill).

Also I'm going to start going to a different therapist in town. My last one was only a social worker so she couldn't even prescribe medication, the new one is actually a psychologist who can. He actually used to see my mother for therapy during her marriage before she got divorced years ago. My mom and him still get along very well, he's never met me yet (first appointment with him will be next week) but always asks about how I'm doing whenever he sees her.

What do you think my chances are?:confused: Both the doctor and psychologist will be in contact with each other. Before knowing my mom 100% approves of it, I always thought of just waiting to get a card when I leave for college. And it doesn't help that my father is a well known doctor in town, known by most/all medical employees here. He's known for being smart but also very rude & short tempered nevertheless! Obviously my mom and I won't walk in there and just bring up the idea of marijuana first thing.

Oh, I should add I live in New Mexico, which is a mmj state:D

2. lol if you really try and sell it id say youd get it..

just make it more of a sob story

3. ....I would say you most likely will qualify lol. What is t-boned by the way??

4. i believe its when youre driving and another car slams into the side of your car making sort of a T shape with the two cars hitting each other.

5. Haha yeah man you could most likely pull it off.

6. Smoke weed, stay healthy.

7. sad enough as it is. some people just say they have some chronic back pain or somethin.

8. Sounds like weed is the last thing you need. Get your mind right before you smoke. Have to admit, it kinda sounds like your playing the victim card a little too much.

9. Can't help but agree. I don't know about you, but if I was going through/had gone through what you have, I wouldn't enjoy getting high at all - I almost think it would be worse for me.

10. She said shes going to therapy for that. I cant help but think that she smoked before any of this shit happened to her. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I was a doctor I wouldnt prescribe it to her.

11. Sorry - think you misunderstood me. I was in the process of editing my post. Initially I asked if she was a girl or a guy, then I realized she said she had been raped, so I edited it and said "never mind, you got raped." Then I looked at it, and realized no one was going to understand, so I changed it to what it is now.

I still agree with you :hello:

12. I hate to answer your question with another question but how does weed make you feel? Does it really make you feel better about the situation you are in? If it really helps your life then you should probably try to get a card. I bet you could get a card. Just say your back is still injured from the car crash and nothing it helping it at all. You'll be fine!

13. Yeah! Just do like everyone else does. Lie about your situation to get it. Thats no better than pill heads that go from doctor to doctor.

14. atleast you probly don't remember being raped... your lucky to be alive waking up with a BAC of .40..
    obviously you know this..
    but I just don't see how therapy would help with being raped if you can't remember it..
    like.. unless you do remember, but you were unconscious? and you drank wayyyyy too much...

15. lol yes, if you don't qualify then they might as well get rid of mmj because then no one will qualify.

16. you need to go see a psychologist before you think about smoking weed

17. Thats my biggest part of why i think it wont be good for her. Anyone who drinks themselves to that point isnt very responsible and has/had a drug abuse problem.

18. I got raped once...

Then I turned off my Xbox live and never looked back. :cool:

19. weird as fuck, i can picture u being the emo chick no one talks to in highschool