do you think I can smoke weed while hunting?

Discussion in 'General' started by LedRobster, Sep 30, 2012.

1. I'm wondering i the smell of weed will keep deer from coming to my stand? If anyone knows or has done this please answer.

2. If you're in a stand then you're fine

3. "hey look a de- oh wait no, just a leaf."

4. Thanks bro, so I shouldn't if I'm in a ground blind though?

5. I've done it it's awesome hiking through mountains and hunting a deer blazed. That's the indian in me :p

6. hell no the deer will smell something funny and warn any deer in the area. happened to me at least. fucking deer why do u have to taste soooooo good

7. No. Don't bring food, smokes, (weed) or anything foreign smelling to the deer's natural environment. Doing so will make him extra cautious and may make him just find some grass to lay up in and wait around till night to feed. (i.e. your fucked lol)

you might even try disguising your natural human scent with animal urine. I know smokers who will smoke cigs while hunting. But IMO it's not very smart. (depends on how seriously you take hunting)

8. Like weed isnt natural :rolleyes:, I personal have not done it but many friends that are always successful hunters have in the past.

9. I do that shit every year haha either smoke on the way there or right when you sit down, like be quick about it and you shouldn't have to worry about the smell.

10. Wake up smoke then put on some deer piss and ho hunting

11. Thanks for the replies everybody, most people I know smoke cigs while hunting and still do good. I might try smokin some bud up there, but i've still got a couple months to think lmao

12. Just get up there in time to smoke a bowl then put some of that hunting spray on, always worked for me.

13. You just nailed the direct link between hunting and rednecks! :eek:

14. Ah, no, that's the link between drinking and [waiting around for fucking hours] for anything else.

That's why drinking is so popular with so many boring activities.

15. I don't think the act of smoking will scare them away kust don't cough up a storm like I normally do and you should get your self a bambi to munch on

16. I have killed a 14 pt white tail after smoking some Skywalker OG kush before & it didnt affect the hunt any.

17. yea just make sure the weed is laced with deer piss!

18. My vote goes for that one. I think I'll start drinking daily until harvest and repeat every day when I'm dry ;)

19. as long as your 30 feet up.

your good,

i smoke weed and cigg's when in my stand,

20. I have multiple stands I could hunt from, all are about 19 feet up. I live in indiana and can only hunt with a slug gun so any higher is unneeded around here. Is that high enough for me to smoke a lil weed? Haha