Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think different strains give you different effects?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CannabisCrush, Jun 24, 2015.

1. #1 CannabisCrush, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    Do you think when you consume different strains that each strain has it's own individual effects? For instance one strain is really good for sleeping, another is better for pain, another helps uplift your mood and relieve depression, etc. I am wondering if this is true because when I consume different strains I generally feel a slightly different high and a different overall feeling of health. Or at least it seems that way. Of course it matters if it's a sativa or an indica, and also definitely how well the strain is grown. But I also think that different strains make me feel differently, like Grand Daddy Purple makes me feel super relaxed and I want to eat, Lemon haze puts me to sleep every time, DJ Short Blueberry makes me think really deeply, and Girls scout cookies always perks me up and relieves depression.

2. Yup. The different cannabinoid & terpene levels will give different effecta. Sometimes you can even get different effects from the same strain depending on how it's grown.

3. CannabisCrush, I agree with you because of your evidence. Those of in illegal states don't always have much choice in what strain we buy. I have never seen a sativa/sativa dom where I am. I sure would like to sample the strains you have. Have fun.

4. Absolutely, some strains (heavy indicas) will have me sitting on my ass thinking about all the food I could make. Others(sativa dominates) will have me out in the town looking for sweet hills to bomb with my longboard.

5. #5 Orthanc, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    Ya know, nowadays I don't notice much of a difference. Maybe cause most of what I buy is Sativa-dominant, so it's pretty much the same every time. However, my personality has also changed a bit recently where I'm more laid back & just like, being high is being high, we don't need to sit here & analyze it. I stopped caring about strains & stuff a long time ago.

Plus, the way pot in general effects me...it's my lifeblood & it's part of my daily routine. I smoke before work, at work, after work, whatever. The way people smoke cigarettes, I do the same with pot. So I don't notice some of the Indica-type effects, cause regardless pot is like an upper for me, it's just what it is. I'm stoned & good, going bout my daily work & etc.

6. Yes! Some of the lower grade stuff can actually make you feel depressed.
    Speaking of strains, I find the stronger the smell the better the weed is. A lot of pot really looks good, but are really just mid-grade. I found that a large percentage of weed with red hairs wasn't as good as plain green weed.