Do you think anyone would be interested?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Deleted member 95373, Jul 25, 2010.

1. I'll start by saying I'd like to think I lead a pretty interesting life. This is not to say it's not extremely boring for large periods of time, nor is it to say it's been more fun or more interesting than a lot of other peoples. I live in a small town on the west coast of Florida but in this town I have come across shenanigans. Obscure moments, odd recollections, and a laundry list of scenarios and stories that make me smile all lead me to want to write this small story collection book kind of thing.

See I like to tell stories to my friends and new people I meet, about all the weird bullshit that has happened to me and my friends. I like to think that it's pretty interesting as most people laugh while they listen but at that same time I wonder if I'd be wasting my efforts.

So do you guys think people would enjoy reading something entirely about obscure(but real) things that have happened?

2. Sure man, post it up

3. Yeah man, do it up. Always happy to share my stories and hear others as well! Here's one of my own, just for the hell of it.

Was out smoking with my buddies, parked on the side of a gravel road out in the middle of buttfuck Saskatchewan. Well, anyways, sparking up the first bowl, in a nearby field, starlings start landing in a farmer's field not even a 1/4 mile away from us. (Starlings are those birds that travel in huge swarms.) Not just a few starlings though, but I mean tens of thousands of them. They just kept on coming!

Three bowls and ten minutes or so later, the birds finally stop coming, and they are all just sitting there in the field, chillin. So we decide to go out, try and close enough to take a video of them all sitting in the field. What happened was much more spectacular. Almost instantaneously, all of the birds rose from the field like a fucking swarm of locusts and flew over our heads. It was a constant, consistent black ribbon of birds flying over us, flowing and twisting like Aurora Borealis! This continued for about 3 minutes, and my friend actually got it on video.

I'd post the vid, but it's on my friend's phone and I'll have to get him to send it to me first. If anybody is interested, I'll try and get the video.

4. Gooseman, sounds crazy post that video.