Do you think actors are overpaid?

Discussion in 'General' started by qwerty man, Nov 30, 2011.

1. orly?

Ashton Kutcher

2. wow i gotta become an actor..2 episodes and id quit :p. but keep in mind ashton kutcher is a well known actor. if it was an actor that wasnt as well known he wouldnt get paid as much

3. Actors and athletes are doing something they love. Why the fuck should they make millions and millions of dollars for that? If they do, whatever, I don't mind. But I never feel bad pirating a movie or not supporting an actor because if it were me I wouldn't care, I'd be happy just getting to do what I love to do.

I feel like they're all overpaid in a sense though because what they do isn't worth how much they get paid.. but at the same time movies and sports bring in so much money that you ask "well, who else deserves all the money if not the people actually acting/performing?"

4. id be down for a commercial at that rate :laughing:

5. They're not overpaid. They do their jobs. They entertain people and bring in the views. I hate when people say overpaid

6. No because we highly value entertainment as a damn species, so whoever decides to entertain us will make a lot of money.

7. Well when you think about there being people who bust their ass just as hard, yet don't make enough money to feed their family...

8. Politicians are overpaid. They don't do shit.

9. #29 Arckaic, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    If it wasn't for actors than all the lazy stoners would have nothing to stare at for hours in their magic picture box... I'd say it's a fair trade. They don't make money anyway, not in the working sense... it's really just us giving them money and them accepting it.

And then once you are famous... you can't just become unfamous. You can't just say, oh I think I have enough money, I'm going to stop doing whatever. It just dosen't work like that.

You try to stop, but they find you... the papparazi. They will always find you.

Take a break... maybe.... stop? Never.

You can never stop being famous. You can quit your job at McDonalds and never be remembered, but you can't quit your job as an entertainer because the magic you create on stage will be inbedded into society.

You can never stop being famous.

10. Really, anybody making millions and millions of dollars is being overpaid.

11. once again ill bring in the lack of privacy. if you couldnt walk down the street without 20 people following your taking your picture and everything you do is looking up or down apon by society then you deserve some kind of compensation.

12. they dont make more than doctors if you break down the numbers, only top actors make alot, all the others are either broke or average, all doctors get a good salary..

13. Are you fucking kidding? I played "pretend" all the time when I was a kid, and for free too

14. It's not about who works the hardest. Or about who needs it most. People want, higher ups give, entertainers get paid for bringing in said people to the higher ups. The rich get richer. People value what they value.

15. That would be fun though I think haha. Give me millions of dollars and let everybody watch. I'd just spend in it ridiculous ways and do stupid shit. Nobody says they have to give a fuck what people think about them. Everybody watching would be one of the funnest parts

16. By what standard?

What is considered "overpaid"?

For example, two construction workers doing the exact same job, but for a different company. Neither one does more or less than the other in the work environment.

One make $15 an hour
    One makes $25 an hour

Does that make #2 overpaid?

I think the term "overpaid" is radically variable. It is basically that limit in each person's mind of the amount of money that they believe they will never make in a lifetime. It is an opinion. An individual's standard, if you will.

"Actors make too much money because X profession dosen't make enough money"

If you have a mindset that someone can be overpaid, then you will never make a lot of money. It really depends on your internal monetary system I think, and how much money you believe it takes to be happy. Each person has their own definition of overpaid.

17. Do it again and get paid :p

Most people can't because they are afraid of making a fool of themselves in front of a lot of people.

When we were children, we didn't care what other people thought of us. In fact, we embraced what was implausible.

Being superman, being a knight in armor, whatever... we embraced it.

Now, society looks down on childish behavior and expects everyone to be up-tight and nose-turned by a certain age because that is what is considered "normal".

18. you think because its not your life. and you have to keep up a decent image or you dont get hired as much. i would absolutely hate not being able to toke on my back porch without seeing it the next morning on some kind of magazine

19. No, but I think too many actors have psychological disorders. You guys ever met Johnny Depp in real life?

That man is fucking WEIRD.

20. i think some actors are def overpaid, athletes however are not, their skills/talents are priceless