Do you think a sunroof is worth it?

Discussion in 'General' started by harley19, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Sup blades. I'm looking at used cars under $5000. I've found a couple really good deals (2006 Pursuit, 60,000 miles). Overall, looks like an amazing car, great value. Only reason I'm hesitant to get it is because it doesn't have a sunroof..

I've never driven a car that has one, but it looks like an amazing option to have. However, the only cars I can find within my price range that have them are Cavaliers or Sunfires, which I absolutely despise the look of.

Whatchya think.. worth it or not?

2. I have a sun roof and ive only used it once, it all depends, i used it when i was at the beach. But i personally think i would be content with no sun roof :3

3. They're alright if you live somewhere where you can pop it open a lot. It's just a window above your head IMO.

4. they arent that big of a deal focus more on engine performance rather than girly cosmetics its just an extra window. also the only reason youre finding a 2006 car with 60k that cheap is because it's a pontiac and might as well have 260k miles. you dont want a pontiac.

you also dont want sunfires or cavalers wtf dude

5. a sunrooof really isn't that special and isn't something to base your decision on for a new car.

but, it does work well for airing out the car after a cruise

6. I'm from Canadia :p

I'd say 3-4 months of the year are nice enough to have it opened up..

meh

7. again^^^

8. Let's not turn this into a debate about brands & makes, please. I'm simply asking whether or not a Sunroof is worth it. :wave:

9. It's all about preference. It wouldn't be the deciding factor of which car I'd by. I'd also just like to add that Pontiac is a no, no. It's your call though man, you get what you pay for but you can also make the best choice.

10. I almost bought a car because it had a sunroof. But it ended up smelling like water leaked in the car and decided against it.
    Definitely nice to have i think but you need to incorporate other factors in the equation as well

11. Both of my cars have sunroofs, 1993 Mercedes 300SD, and my 2007 Dodge Cummins!! And I live in Canada, I use it a lot.

12. Sunroofs are not a viable price-altering option IMO.

Want a solid car? Any GM branded car with a 3.8l will go 200k+. Also VW diesels are VERY dependable.

13. I have one on my car. It's cool, but I don't use it much. It's not really good for getting air circulating unless you open the windows too, and then it's TOO much air (I have long hair and it just starts blowing around like crazy).

It's nice when the car's real hot. If I crank on the AC and just crack open the sun roof, it cools down much quicker.

IMO, the only time I really like having it open is in the fall/spring or at night when it's cooler. But even then, it's kinda loud so depending on what I'm listening to I don't always like it open.

14. Racing stripe or no deal.

15. Flux capacitor too?

16. My van has one- I never use it.

17. I love my sunroof. Let the smoke out with out messing up my hair :) lol

18. Any particular reason you dont?

19. My car has a sunroof, sometimes I am a dumbass and forget to close it because I do not use it often. Also, I'm sure that other cars don't encounter this issue as often as I do, but sometimes mine wort shut/open, and its a real bitch when I need to leave my sunroof cracked over night, hoping for no rain/hoodrats slip into my ride. A plastic bag only goes so far.

20. I think sun roofs are purely for show, but I guess that's all my opinion.

From my own experience, they don't do much. Driving down the road with it open, you're not getting much air flow from it if at all, and you're driving so why would you be looking up

And if you're in a car stargazing you're a tard. So no, not worth it.