Do you the world will end in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TokerFace420, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Earth will kill us before we kill it.

2. The world? As in.. the Earth? No.

Modern civilization... yes.

3. [quote name='"Sunshine86"']

Earth will kill us before we kill it.[/quote]

Earth wont kill us. We wont kill earth while we walk the planet. We will kill ourselves before anything else will kill us and before our civilization destroys the world.

Once we are gone our nuclear power plants and everything that requires human attention to prevent a human made disaster will no longer have humans to upkeep them. Honestly we will destroy this world, we will die before that happens, but it will be our fault. The earth needs us right now because of all the toxic things that humans are running that needs our attention to stay out of the environment.

4. December 21, 2012

5. We need to stop thinking we are so important. Each one of us will live for a maximum of around 100 years, which in terms of Earth is a tiny, tiny section in history.

6. Do I think the world will end in my lifetime? No.
    Do I think that humanity will end in my lifetime? I doubt it, but it's hard to say. If it were to end in my lifetime, it would almost certainly be from unnatural causes, most likely nuclear war or a biological attack/plague. If we didn't have the power to completely destroy ourselves, I would probably say no. But it seems like everyday we're coming up with new ways to fuck ourselves in the ass, so who knows.

7. [quote name='"SniperKitty"']Super Volcano! It's happening you better believe it![/quote]

Which one?

8. [quote name='"iowaganjasmoker"']

Which one?[/quote]

Yellowstone is all ive heard of but any of them would suffice.

9. In your lifetime, no... BUT in MY lifetime, yes

10. What does us being wiped out have to do with the world ending?

11. [quote name='"Floydian"']What does us being wiped out have to do with the world ending?[/quote]

If we are all wiped out the world might as well be "ended" because there will be no one left to ponder.

12. Thermodynamics and entropy will "end the world" unfathomably long after we have faded out of existance, along with all the other likely forms of consciousness out there. It will happen with or without anyone to ponder it, but that will be the one and only end.

13. #35 Mackerowenie, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    [quote name='"TokerFace420"']If so, how and why do you think we'll get wiped off the face of the earth?[/quote]

May I remind you what this thread is about. Not the technicalities of how our planet earth will cease to exist one day, but the time man has left.

Edit: oh I see now, you got your panties in a bunch because of the thread subject line. Don't be that technical asshole. You know what he's trying to say...

14. So far I just see more arbitrary and obscene laws and regulations.

15. do you the world?

i do.

16. Contrary to popular belief; the world wont end by "Thermodynamics and entropy"... Thats Bullshit!

Jehovah will come and wipe out all that is wicked and leave the world to those worthy enough to inhabit it.

17. [quote name='"Easy Going"']Contrary to popular belief; the world wont end by "Thermodynamics and entropy"... Thats Bullshit!

Jehovah will come and wipe out all that is wicked and leave the world to those worthy enough to inhabit it.[/quote]

lol...

18. .....

Attached Files: