Do you the world will end in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TokerFace420, Aug 11, 2012.

1. If so, how and why do you think we'll get wiped off the face of the earth?

2. to be honest I ponder this subject more than I would like to admit.

either way I feel like life is so priceless and fragile,

this feeling telling me I don't have much time.

enjoy this my friends, I know I will...

3. Fuck it man It could be anything , just enjoy your time now

4. eliminate the fear of death and embrace the truth.

5. Super Volcano! It's happening you better believe it!

6. The world will end because of US and nothing else, I believe, we are killing this planet.

7. Well assuming we are talking about the milennial generation (generation y) I do not see the world ending anytime soon. In our great grandkids time... who knows. I think when the world does eventually end... it will be a great long time from now where 99% of the people on here posting now names will be lost to the void of history.... :smoke::cool:

8. I do not think the world will end in our lifetimes.

I do think that life will be very different because of climate change.

9. My guess would be just about everyone...

...except you :rolleyes:

10. I think its pretty far fetched he world is gonna end in our life time.

And more too that point, the world isn't gonna cease to exist, the planet will still be here. Humans may become extinct but this rock ain't goin nowhere. In another 50,000,000 years there will just be another dominate species, just like after the dinosaurs.

The world will be just fine

11. The human race is fragile, it just doesn't seem like it because we have only been around for such a ridiculously small amount of time. I bet the majority of the population will cease to exist within 100 years. Humans forget that we are at the mercy of mother nature and the universe. It really wouldn't take much to wipe us out.

1 solid asteroid impact ( matter of time )
    1 super volcano ( we are over-due )
    1 super plague ( would travel fast as hell with modern day transportation.
    1 push of a button ( nuke = nuclear winter )
    1 solar flare
    1 gamma ray explosion

All of these things and many more could and most likely would lead to the end of most of humanity.

Shit something we can't even comprehend could take us all out this very minute. It seems we have a false sense of security. We aren't as big of a deal as we would like to think.... It really wouldn't take much.

What can I say... I'm a realistic person, that's why you have to live every day to the fullest.

12. Also the things humans need to live are very specific as far as climate goes. For 99% of our planets existence it hasn't been able to support human life ( too hot, not enough o2, etc...) it really wouldn't take much to tip the scale. 1 little alteration in our climate and we are fucked if you think about it.

When shit starts to hit the fan we will clean each other up. It will be anarchy and everyone will try to survive. People will be killed for water, gasoline, food, medical supplies. Our true nature will be revealed and this little comfy bubble we live in will be no more.

Sorry for the double post. I've obviously put more thought into this than most.

13. I think it's a good possibility but I try not to think about it because it doesn't really matter. It's gonna be the same world-endy feeling when I die no matter how it happens, I think.

14. Yes it will

15. It seems like someone somewhere is constantly asking this question. To answer, no. I don't think the world will end in our lifetime. I think it's pretty damn near impossible for every single human being to die on this planet. Life has a way of surviving.

Will it change in our lifetime? Well, of course! Everyone in History, depending on what time period they lived through, experienced some sort of revolution, war, catastrophe.

I think this 2012 thing has really gone to peoples heads. Politics. Money. Power. Countries. These are all human concepts.. and we wouldn't have such a problem if we just stop having such a problem.

The debt goes up.. The war goes up.. The resources go down..

One way or another we'll have to face the problems that lie ahead.. but do I think some nuclear war is going to end the world? No. Do I think 2012 is the end of the world? No. Do I think we'll experience the end of the world? No. But what a way to die, right? With every single other person of this planet? A lot better than dying alone.

I'm sorry. But that's ridiculous. Look at China.. Just look at there size and their cities. Do you think we're using as many resources? Or creating as much pollution? Or using as much water? I mean, to say the world is going to end because of one single country is a little naive. Now, I know the US is corrupt and yada yada yada.. but how many other countries are corrupt? How many others kill people? How many other bomb each other? If the world is going to end in our lifetime.. it wont be only because of our young country. That's silly.

16. [quote name='"Virtue 7"']I'm sorry. But that's ridiculous. Look at China.. Just look at there size and their cities. Do you think we're using as many resources? Or creating as much pollution? Or using as much water? I mean, to say the world is going to end because of one single country is a little naive. Now, I know the US is corrupt and yada yada yada.. but how many other countries are corrupt? How many others kill people? How many other bomb each other? If the world is going to end in our lifetime.. it wont be only because of our young country. That's silly.[/quote]

Sorry I didn't mean the United States when I said US I meant as in we, humans, will destroy this planet. You said it your self how many others kills people or how many bomb each other it all plays, are resources that we take from the planet that are being used and dried up, play a factor in our demise, your right it won't be ONLY because of the U.S.

17. [quote name='"buddahtoker"']The world will end because of US and nothing else, I believe, we are killing this planet.[/quote]

Not the planet, only ourselves.

18. Well maybe , Cause i'd be lying if i said i didn't wanna see the world burn.