Do you thank for +rep?

Discussion in 'General' started by mjmama25, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Fixed! :D

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.:eek:

2. I got 2 plus rep comments, how do i look at them ?
    I clicked on my notifications, but can't find it.
    Help :eek:

3. When you click on the notification scroll the whole way to the bottom of the page. You should see who rep'd you and what thread it was on.

4. Click "my account" on the top right, and then scroll all the way down. Should be there. :D

EDIT: OH, BOB SAGET!!! :mad: Why'd you have to go and ninja me? :(

5. I used to all the time but lately not so much.

For one, I'm really lazy and yesterday I received 12 reps, I really don't feel like typing "Thanks for the rep" on 12 different profiles.

And secondly, if I wrote something that ringed true for the person who repped me, then (obviously) that's the reason they give rep. I didn't ask for rep, I wrote something that somehow resonated with you and you decided to give me rep. Who should be thankful? The person who read something that made them laugh/think, or the person who is told someone agrees with him?

The giver should be thankful.

6. If you dont see the comments at the bottom, click the little yellow arrow on the right to "drop down" the rep comments. The user cp has options to "hide" stuff.

7. I always say thank you. They took the time to give me Rep based upon something I posted, so I can take the time to thank them for that.

8. I got 2 plus rep comments, how do i view them ?

9. I try to. Some of the rep I get comes from people with visitor messages disabled.. I don't PM them, I assume they don't want to be bothered.

10. You can see your rep comments in your User CP. :cool:

I don't leave thank you messages for rep. Sorry if that seems rude of me, but I just don't feel like it's necessary. :p

I don't expect a thank you when I give someone rep. It's just me saying "hey, that was a good post", no need to thank me for thinking your post was cool. ;)

If someone asks me a question or says something in my rep that I feel like responding too, then I'll leave them a message. But I just hate doing the typical "thanks for the rep!" thing for every reputation I get.

It feels so impersonal and sorta scripted or something. Like hey you gave me +rep so now I'm obligated to thank you for it. Just seems kinda silly to me, I guess. :p

Thanks for everyone who ever gives me +rep. There, I thanked people! :laughing:

11. I usually try to at least add a little extra to the thanks, usually regarding the subject on which the rep was given for. For me, at least, it makes it a little more personal, but I do agree that it can seem tedious at times if all you ever say is "Thanks for the rep."

12. i try to say thank you to everyone, no matter if i get points or not. just cuz they left me something nice i decide to leave them something nice,. but lately i dont really have time :\ lol

13. Every single time! It's a common courtesy!

14. I send everyone who gives me +rep a diamond encrusted Mercedes

and a "thank you" comment.