Do you talk shit to your children?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MPower420, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Well.. do you? Or do you know anyone that does? How do you feel about it?

I understand that constructive criticism is always a good thing, but flat out shit talking (ie, "You're fucking worthless! You can't do anything right! You're so fucking lazy! What is wrong with you?? YOU NEED JESUS!", etc) is just wrong in my book. What's your opinion?

2. telling your kid there fucking lazy, might be telling them the truth.

alot of people now'a'days need a kick in there ass to get them going.

3. its probably not a good thing to do

and you read my email, eh? thats...interesting

4. there are situations that do need shit talking. For example, you catch you kid doing pot....
    :rolleyes:

5. While I don't have any thankfully, children need discipline. Lots and lots of discipline. I don't know if talking shit is necessarily the best approach. Just use the wooden spoon.

I guess it depends on how old they are.

6. Telling your children the truth and giving them shit is two different things,
    screaming at them and hoping it's reverse physcology isn't how it works,
    fucked up if you ask me.

I don't ever want to give my children shit or yell @ them when I have some children,
    but doesn't mean I'd spoil them with compliments, either.

Respect.

7. Well it depends at what age, i'd say that if the kid is under 18 then its inappropriate, but after 18 you can see the general direction they're live are taking, and then you are able to say with certainty that they are worthless pieces of lazy shit.

you can't live your life without taking any truth or criticism from time to time.

8. Then when you congratulate them into the world of GC?
    Joking.

9. Idk about that. I think kids at 18 need more parenting and support than any other age. I'm 19 and im not ashamed to say our generation is so fucking lazy and sad, but who's fault is that? Relying on technology for everything has made our entire society fucked up. Theres no need for street smarts nowadays, just book smart lifeless drones

10. Its all about reverse psychology. Kids go after what parents don't like. Tell them drugs are good and they will stay away. :rolleyes:

11. Your deffinition of talking shit is much different than mine. The verbal/psychological abuse (your a worthless fatbag etc etc) is just flat out fucked up & not something I do. True, I've called the 10 yr old son out for being a pussy (dont take that shit from him, quit being a pussy & stand up for yourself.) & the 12 yr old daughter a bitch because she was being a serious BEOTCH but those aside not so much.

HOWEVER in the wtf/bizarre/shit talking department my kids say i'm the coolest/wierdest/wtf'iest guy they have met. Their friends love me too.

12. my parents talk shit to me all the time as i do the same,but holy fuck im fucked on DXM

13. i was never talked shit to by my parents - they just made sure i knew right from wrong... and that i would get my ass kicked if i did something wrong lol. good 'ol italian discipline. My parents always encouraged me and just made sure i did well in school - when i was younger id get spanked or a wooden spaturla thrown at me, and as i got older, they just learned to communicate well with me (not to mention my dads excellent " i dont care what you do, just dont get caught," advice). I dunno, i dont think theres a such thing as good parenting advice, it varies from every family based on the children and parents. My parents raised my brother and i differently because we were completely different people - same goes for every other child. Some kids need more discipline than others. I was given a lot of space and freedom, because i was relatively respectful... and i 'never got caught'

14. An extension cord and a board with a nail in it will say more than you ever could.:D

15. No need for street smarts???? Are you serious???? God I can't wait to get my MBA. I'll be a fucking millionaire by the time i'm 35.

16. My parents beat my ass senseless and did nothing but put me down.
    I turned out damn great, and they turned out to be awesome people when I turned 18.
    Weird how that shit works.

17. OP, I'm guessing you are the person that this has happened to? Maybe not, but it sounded like it, haha.

If you are talking about intentionally putting your child down, telling them they will never amount to anything, etc, and believing that, then I believe it is wrong.

I think a parent should have the utmost belief that their child could do their best at anything they try. The parent doesn't have to believe they will exceed, just that they could and would do their best.

On the other hand, if the parent is talking shit (for instance, telling them they will never amount to anything... if they keep getting high and not doing their work/school) then it is perfectly fine... Because its true. As long as parents aren't beating the fuck out of their kids or demeaning them completely, they really have the right to do or say anything they want.

18. this reminds me of my friends mom. she talks SO much shit to him... but he does deserve it every time. lol

19. good thing you have that little part :) lol

20. Lol I know.

Otherwise I wouldn't have said that, haha.