Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you talk like a stoner?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Audion, Jun 11, 2010.

1. I asked myself this question the other day. Is the way some people talk (flat, monotone) a side effect of weed, or is this the way they talk normally? I think some people just talk that way naturally because I know a couple people who talk that way and don't smoke. So do you talk in the stereotypical stoner way, or is it just that, a stereotype?

PS: I'm in no way saying this is a bad thing. Whenever I meet someone who talks that way, I'm 99% sure he's a pretty chill dude.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Only when I'm really high, but then it's really bad.

3. I've always had a deep monotone voice even before I started toking.

4. I think thats jus a stereotype..there's people tht normally tlk like tht

I dnt talk like tht tho...lots of people think weed makes yu retarded they just dnt kno :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the input guys. A guy I work with talks like a stoner hardcore, and smokes, so the question came to me while working the other day.

6. i talk like a G. it seems like if you talk like a stoner most of the time people will just think ur slow lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Rampipe, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
    This haha

I usually talk pretty deep and monotone. Smoking usually just makes me not talk at all or sound like everything I'm saying is a profound discovery to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. this. but when im stoned as fuck it gets even deeper and more... drawn out i guess? I've been told i sound like a retard:smoke:

9. I always talk in a monotone voice, that's just how I talk. I'm always chill, and calm and relaxed 24/7. Haha people think I'm a stoner because of how I talk.

I mean, I do smoke weed whenever I have the chance, but I always seem stoned.

10. my voice gets all funny like im from trinidad or something loool

11. Only when I'm really, really blazed do I get the monotone voice. And I catch myself saying "man" a lot more now.

12. if i'm high i usually sound like a typical stoner.. i don't put much effort or emotion in my speech

but i talk normally when i'm sober

13. Usually whether I be sober, ripped, super ripped, I maintain.. 'less I'm up way above then I'm f*$@*!#, I'd say I'm affected that strongly usually while high+intoxicated though.

14. I already have a very deep monotone voice, and kinda talk like a stoner sober.

But when I'm high, I sound more stoner than anyone you've ever heard.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fuck yea maann, talk like that all the time, man is like every fifth word man, and it's a little higher man.

16. haha, yea. I for sure do.

17. Oh yeah, I say like, dude, and man all the time. And call good food chronic. I pretty much like use stoner terminology in my everyday life man, I'm a chill dude.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I catch myself drifting off sentences, volume wise. When I realize that, I realize I'm talking like a stoner.

Then I change the way I speak.

Repeat cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lol sometimes i talk weird when im stoned
    the volume varies alot
    most of the time i dont even finish what i was saying
    but i always have a pretty deep voice

• Like Like x 1
  20. I've been told that I sound like Jim Breuer from Half Baked when I'm super stoned or burnt out.