Do you take care of your self?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by HappyBuds, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Fucking cadbury eggs, man.

Every year.

2. I had an easter porridge this morning.
    wild rice
    pine nuts
    almond milk
    with cranberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries.

mmmm......healthy and tasty

my favorite part was the big fat cadbury egg I topped it off with...hehe

3. Phew . . . . :eek:

Learned something this morning. Since we have been talking about chia seeds. I have only been consuming them for about 2 or 3 weeks. Kinda personal, but like the book title, everyone does it, so. . . . . . . . . . :laughing:

I was basically out of food yesterday morning. My plans for the day were to go to an optometrist appointment first thing on Saturday, then go grocery shopping on the way home. I woke up and needed to eat something before I went on my way to the doctor's office. Like I mentioned, I ate the last of my broccoli the previous night and was out of most everything. I had eggs, but I didn't really want eggs, or did I have the time to cook them. I decided to take an extra big portion of chia seeds as sort of a meal replacement. I just pour them out of the bag into some water, so I can't tell you the exact amount. I'd say double, maybe even triple what I usually would take. I figured that the extra amount of chia would keep me going for the 3 or so hours I'd be gone on the Saturday morning errands. Some protein, some good fat, some fiber to keep me full.
    Everything went fine yesterday, but then came this morning. Let's just say this mornings 'movement' was a bit troublesome :) :D
    Difficult, tense, and quite a long hostage negotiation. I was having thoughts of 'oh god, im gonna have to go to the hospital for this one'.
    It was finally 'passed', and the chia seeds were the problem.
    Learn from my mistake, chia seeds are not to be used as a meal replacement. :devious: I think the result would have been different if I had mixed in my regular morning veggie smoothie. It's just that amount of pure chia seed with nothing else can be difficult.

What? :confused_2: ;) :laughing:

:smoking:

4. yeah i take care of myself.. good diet, proper exercise, and i do take supplements(fish oils, multi's, vit d..etc) i dont eat an over excessive amount of red meat maybe like two times a week and eat mostly veggies, grains, nuts, fruits, chicken and fish, mostly just whole real foods.. im now an egg advocate after investing in chickens..

plus its very easy to eat right and organic when your spending five days a week a health food market..

5. Well for breakfeast I had some natural yogurt with walnuts and honey thrown in , some mackeral , a bowl of spinach and a tomato , and then for lunch I had some green tea and a bowl of chick peas , so I think im doing pretty good today at least

6. I eat organic cage free eggs, drink a glass of organic vegetable juice, and a hand full of raw organic almonds every day. I also supplement half the recommended daily intake of iodine into my diet.

I get all the amino acids, vitamins, and minerals my body needs with those things.

I stay away from sea salt because of mercury. I also stay away from fish oil because of mercury.

I've got organic sugar and organic rain Forrest honey. I use those two to make koolaid so I'm not spending money on pop.

I consume about 3,000-4,000 calories a day. Half of the calories I consume are animal fats and the other half is a variety of sugars, starches, and carbs.

I try to stay away from almost all vegetable oils. I buy peanut oil from Asia that isn't extracted using the carcinogens used to extract peanut oil in the u.s./eroupe.

My cupboards are filled with organic foods and a few "fair trade" certified products. unfortunately organic food isn't something anybody in the city I live in cares about. The grocery stores don't stock anything organic. So most of my food I purchase on the internet. That means I can't purchase any organic fruits or vegetables without them being dried.

Before I started eating organic food I weighed 250 pounds. Since I started my organic diet I'm down to 190 pounds. I'm physically active at work, so it's pretty easy to burn off 3,000 calories in one day.

All of my eating habits started when I started reading about growing organic gardening.

7. Damn dude! I've been seriously thinking about nicotine patches. Just dabbling, I found I can make it about 24 hours without a cigarette before I feel the need for screaming victims. I've quit before, but that isn't really saying much now is it?

I'm also thinking I'll lay off the booze once I've accumulated enough hash to lay myself out for a month straight. Kinda like Trainspotting, only sans heroin.

On the cardio front, I've been consistently cycling at least 70 miles per week at an average speed of 20 mph.

8. #69 CarloMarx, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
    Just started drinking smoothies regularly in the morning with the following ingredients:

Strawberries
    Blackberries
    Blueberries
    Kale
    Organic Flax Seed
    Organic Hemp Protein
    Orange Juice

and the occasional clementine.

I plan on swapping the orange juice out for a healthier alternative soon.

9. i recently started using neem toothpaste and man does my mouth feel cleaner than ever!!!!
    you know that cleanliness feeling you get when you rub your tongue across your teeth after a dental cleaning..........thats how my mouth has been feeling every day since ive started using it. :D

-OSUB

10. Do you guys juice? I started juicing recently. Jack Lalane juicer. Son of a bitch, fresh juiced oranges is delicious. I couldn't believe the difference from storebought. It took 4 oranges to make a glass though,so my fruit bill is going up. Its worth it though, When you juice you extract the vitamins without adding heat. It is immediately available to the body.

11. On my little two acre farm, we produced 22,000 organic free range eggs last year, we average five dozen a day.. Grow and eat almost all our own veggies, plus fruit and berries..

12. I have juiced but returned it after a few weeks... something about chomping down on veggies the juice couldn't replace! it was great for carrots though.. best carrot juice

Nice! Does it take a long time to improve soil quality after initial planting? What's a good way to get berry and fruit trees cheaply? And did you have to add any fertilizer's besides chicken manure to the soil? :)

13. i realized this BEFORE i started growing..
    one of my teacher in culinary school opened my eyes to this issue.
    its really sad that over half of taday's "diseases" could be prevented or even CURED by eating right. and i dont mean by substituting your regular coke with a diet coke for your burger and fries. like really going the extra step. its sad that we have to TRY haard to eat right.

good thread happybuds

14. #75 Scars, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    Nice thread. My mother always told me growing up that," We all are made from this Earth and one day we must all return to this Earth." I have made many changes in the past years to take care of myself better. Mentally/physically, etc.

-I quit smoking cigarettes and now vape electronic cigarettes. (Clean for over a year!)
    -I have always stayed in shape. I play basketball 3 times a week or run sprints 3 times a week, usually in alternating weeks. (Was in basketball/track/cross country in high school.)
    -I weight train only doing complex/compound excercises.
    -I quit drinking soda...completely.
    -I eat fast foods only twice a month.
    -I try to eat foods with a low Glycemic Index.
    -I upped my Omega 3/6/9 intake by consuming whole foods like fish, nuts, hemp/flax oil. No supplements.
    -I upped my protein intake with lean meats versus bubble gut protein shakes.
    -At Starbucks, I only drink the "Unsweetened Passion Iced Tea". (It's not gay, STFU.)
    -I switched from black coffee to unsweetened Green Tea.
    -I replace white sugar with honey whenever I can.
    -I watch what kind of carbohydrated I eat. Complex carbs>Simple carbs.
    -I vape my marijuana.
    -I have much more sex than before. (Very healthy activity, I promise.)

I used to be very reckless with my life, then, about 5 years ago, my father passed away at the age of 63...too young IMO. It was very much so a wake up call. It is never too late to be a better human...untill it is too late.

15. Alter Ego,

Coffee is smaller amounts can actually be a good addition to a healthy diet. Some studies are suggesting that it helps to prevent Parkinson's disease and type 2 diabetes. Keep it black though ;)

I love both coffee and tea, but if I had to choose I'd go with a cup of warm green tea every time.

16. Really? I did not know that! That is good to know since my late father had type 2 diabetes. It is a slow killing disease (epidemic).

I'll stick with the green tea. Caffeine really messes with my ability to fall asleep.

17. Don't go overboard with the green tea then, it has fairly high caffeine levels as well.

A healthy alternative (without the caffeine) is red (rooibos) tea. It is very tasty and works well for a nighttime cup. Like most tea, it also has some great properties that are beneficial to your health. Do a little reading on it and give it a try!

18. #79 Scars, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012

Red rooibos tea eh? I must try. I love adding different teas into the mix. Thanks for the tip! +REP.

I do drink other kinds of tea. I go to either my local farmers market for fresh loose leaf teas or my local organic store (Whole Foods Market, lol)

So far, I have consistently been drinking:

-Lipton Pure Green Tea (it had to lowest amount of caffeine ~30 mg and over 260 mg of flavanoids)
    -Yogi Organic Lemon Grass Tea (apparently it is good for you and can make you higher due to the high Myrcene content, lol)
    -Yogi Organic Ginger Tea (good for metabolism, circulation, anti-oxidant, etc)
    -Pure Indian Chai (my grandfather brough it over from India, really helps calm my nerves after a rough day)
    -Britains Finest Cinnamon Tea (helps settle the stomach, elevate mood/seratonin levels, good for overall health)

I will be sure to add this to the list as the only red tea I have ever drank is the Lipton ones that come in the bottles at the gas station, lol.

19. Organic loose leaf all the way!

Nothing beats a joint and a warm glass in your hand.