Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you swallow after hits?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dltoke, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Sort of a weird ass fuckin question but just curious..

My friends say it's bad to swallow after hits, I just do it out of habit

2. Usually the only time i spit after a hit is if it is just a huge greasy bong hit that leaves me coughin for 15 min afterwards. otherwise i just take a drink or dont even need to swallow/spit

3. i did last week when i was smoking a joint with my friend
    but i didn't do it on purpose and i don't think its bad to do

4. If the hit is really big, makes it easier to take. Also gives a huge smoke burp a couple minutes later.

5. Fuuuck i hate the smoke burps, usually in the morning before i eat ill get those and they wont come up and usually end up with me puking :(

6. Nope, never swallow..

7. When I first started smoking and I still couldn't handle big rips, I would swallow the last bit of smoke. It goes in your stomach and then you burp it up like ten minutes later. The THC doesn't absorb into your bloodstream very well I don't think in your stomach so technically it's a waste of a small amount of THC. Just take smaller rips so you don't have to swallow any smoke and save some weed!

:smoking:

8. Oh my god, I hate when smoke gets into my stomach. It's so uncomfortable.

To get it out quickly I push air into my stomach, which makes me burp right away. It's a good technique to learn.

9. I like to take in alot of smoke and swallow, dunno if it gets your higher or anything but the smoke burps you get later are kinda cool. I had just got done smoking with a group of friends and went into a McDonalds and while placing my order I burped smoke. Didn't know how to explain that to the guy taking at the register.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I don't when I can.
    Sometimes I just do cause like other people said, because of a big rip.

11. Nah, it's uncomfortable to have smoke in my stomach, happened more often when I was new to smoking.

Plus, it'd suck to take a big rip, put in visine, spray cologne on you, then 10 minutes later be in your kitchen getting something to drink in front of your family and burp up weed smoke right into your dad's face. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. I always swallow after hits, but I have yet to ever experience a legitimate smoke burp. :confused:

13. yeahh same here

14. Yea.. I always accidentally swallow it makes me so damn sick. I can't wait for my vaporizer to come.

15. Yea I used to accidentally swallow a bit of smoke off really big hits when I first started off. It honestly wasn't that bad. I ended up burping it up a few minutes later and blow smoke.

16. I try not to swallow smoke because it makes me feel like shit, but it happens sometimes on a huge grav or something. The smoke burps are always entertaining though, haha.

17. people who swallow smoke are wrong.
    you must inhale :)

but if you're talking about swallowing the spit build up when you smoke? (usually happens with J's or blunts)
    personally, i spit it out cause when i was young someone had said that it was bad when i asked why they kept spitting, soooooooo yeah.
    lol just stuck with me. i say there's probably tar/chems in that saliva idk.

18. They are still inhaling the smoke as well, they mean like when you take a huuge bong rip and you couldnt clear it all, and when your about to let it out you accidently swallow because there is so much smoke in your lungs, accunting for smoke burps