Do you support the Patriot Act?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Feb 5, 2011.

1. #1 aaronman, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    Vote coming up, what do you think?

Some educational material:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSpqPtmX_bE]YouTube - Patriot Act Was Signed Into Law With NO Debate In The House Of Representatives! NONE![/ame]

Thomas Jefferson: The Patriot Act of the 18th Century - TIME

It took the founding government 2 years to come to their senses and let the Alien and Sedition laws expire. We've had the Patriot Act for over 10 years...

2. I support the idea behind the patroit act, but itself is a failure.

I've had a personal experience dealing with the patriot act.. my friend who got into some trouble a while back was held (he was only 16 at the time..) under the act, he was sent across the country and thrown in jail for 3 years until his trial came... they found he wasn't even guilty of the allegations the prosecutors blamed him of, so he was quickly released and trial dropped

3 years, 16-19, some of the most exciting parts of childhood, down the drain.

edit: if you want more info PM me and I can give ya some links

3. The story of government, eh? :ey:

That sucks for your friend though. :\

4. #4 IfutureI, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    Nope :wave: Its seems more oppressive than protective or patriotic

5. I can't see how anyone here can support the patriot act and the invasion of privacy and free speech, yet support their drug use as well.

6. Can you post links on here? This seems like something that would be getting national media coverage. I hope you friend filed a lawsuit at least

7. We did alright without it.

8. I love how they called it the "Patriot" act, as a way of making it sound more convincing. They really spent time thinking this stuff up.

9. I'll PM you the link, yes it did get national media coverage, not that much although.

I don't want to post it public because the kids tryna live a nice private life now. :p

10. They even went to the trouble of making the USA PATRIOT Act an acronym for like, Uniting and Strengthening America... etc. Tons of love for America, yo.

11. I support it's purpose, not it's process.

12. Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Frankdaddy

13. It's called the Patriot Act. Obviously it's good for us, otherwise they would call it something scary like the police state act, or the terrorism act.

14. I sometimes think it was an attempt at government transparency. I always assumed they did all that shit anyway.

I assume everything I type, text, say, or do is observed in some way. I imagine there is a thermal satellite up there somewhere watching me jerk off.

I'm torn. There's the world we're shown, and then there's the world we know nothing about. For all we know there's a severe, actual 'terrorist' attack thwarted every month.

I wonder sometimes if we've become desensitized to danger.

15. W-O-W...:smoke:

16. Its fullashit. Call it a Patriotic Act so we feel more obligated to agree with it. Then they control us like puppies. We aren't humans anymore we become law-abiding citizens only while being black-balled from society for being potheads. Cute trick :smoke: