Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do you smoke when you're sick?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by notRoger, Apr 3, 2009.

1. my room mates passed on a nasty cold to me and mix that in with seasonal allergies and i am feeling like complete shit. im sitting here with a 54oz soda (1 cent 1 ounce sodas on fridays) and some herbs trying to medicate myself. i feel better with every hit but i wonder how healthy it is for me at this time.

2. I do believe weed has a natural decongestant. Personally i dont smoke when im sick so i dont put the germs on the mouthpiece and then when i go back to later smoke i get it again. But if you feel it helps why not? Hope you feel better.

3. The only thing is about smoking when sick is you'll put germs on a piece, bong, ect. I've smoked when i'm sick and it does make me feel better though. Clean everything after you done.

4. I always smoke. I was rushed to the hospital last year to get my appendix out and just happened to have bud, a hitter and a lighter in my pocket. I puffed in the hospital bathroom after the surgery.

I have puffed an hour after getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

Being sick is not going to stop me from puffing.

I puff where ever possible.

5. I think it lowers you rimmune system and makes a little harder to fight off the sickness.

The soda is probably worse than the weed though, don't drink soda when you're sick.

6. It depends, depends on what sickness you have. I had a chest cold and sore throat one time and I took a few bong hits and my throat was on fire and every time I coughed it was the worst feeling. This has only happened once though, other times I've been sick or had a headache I simply smoked and I feel great and it seems to even help the sickness go away. Just my personal experience though.

7. i found when your sick smoking does something no cold medicine can. put you in an overall better mood and make you care less about being sick. although it can make your cough and hurt if your really sick

8. i like smoking when im sick cause it makes me not care im sick lol

9. i don't smoke when i'm sick because it doesn't feel good on my lungs/head when i have a really bad cold

10. I enjoy being wrapped in a blanket watching funny movies and continuely smoking until I'm better.

I don't know if the smoking helps, but it sure does make life seem a little bit more enjoyable, now doesn't it?

11. if i dont have a cough yeah. and osmetimes its just better to make edibles for when your sick.

12. Helll yeah dude. It helps in my opinion. Speeds up the recovery process and gives you something to do in the meantime. I enjoy smoking a bowl or two to the face while I'm sick, it always seems to help.

13. i like to smoke when i'm sick cuz it makes me feel better. if you have a sore throat or something it works. the only thing is that while your smoking it will hurt your throat but once ur high it feels better. so i think it's worth it.

14. I wouldn't recommend smoking anything after getting Wisdom Teeth removed, lest you get the dreaded drysocket!

http://www.dentalgentlecare.com/dry_socket.htm

I do smoke when I'm sick. It almost always makes me feel better. Dry mouth I have found is good when you have the flu, or any other ailment that can have dehydrating effects.

15. Smoking weed helped me tremendously earlier this year when I had the flu, even more so than Theraflu. :smoking:

16. I've been sick for a week and just found out it was the Flu yesterday, they have me on all kinds of drugs including Tamiflu. I decided to smoke today because I was feeling better and I have to say normally when I'm sick I stay away from the green but vaping today made me feel at least 50% better :D

17. I'm sick right now, and I've still been smoking quite a bit. It depends on how sick I am. If I have tonsillitis or strep or something I don't smoke, but if I have just a cold I continue to smoke. I've found that this usually makes my cold turn into something worse, though.

18. you can always clean the piece when u get better. duh