"Do you smoke?" question on College Housing

Discussion in 'General' started by Kubasow, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Anyone know what this question really means when asked on College housing applications (matching up roommates)?

I do not smoke cigs. I could care less if my roommate smokes cigs.

When this question shows up on dorm questionnaires, do people answer it in a sense of referring to smoking weed, or do people just use it for cigs?

But i am going to CU boulder next fall and want/NEEEED 420 friendly and 240 loving roommate! Will answering Yes to the question "Do you smoke?" and saying that i prefer a roommate who answered Yes help my odds? Thanks guys.

if by incredibly off chance someone reading this is attending boulder as a freshman next fall, pm me :)

2. Just say no then in the comment section put 420.

• Like Like x 1

3. There isn't a comment section, as far as i know

4. I believe they are definitely referring to cigs.

With that being said, you just gotta play the odds.

You said you don't care if your roommate smokes cigs, so i would mark yes simply because the odds of someone who smoke cigs and weed is higher than the odds of someone who doesn't smoke cigs but smokes weed (not completely true/not true for everyone, but it just seems like common sense).

Also if someone smokes cigs, but don't smoke weed, hopefully that person will be more open minded to smoking in general whereas a person who doesn't smoke cigs or weed may just be against smoking completely.

Again, this is all what i think. With big colleges and getting paired with random roommates you just gotta play the odds and hope you win :)

A lot of college kids are 420 friendly as is, so hopefully it won't be that difficult.

5. I just put no preference.

Its boulder, I have some seriously shit luck if i dont end up with a 420-friendly roommate.

I think in the meantime while my housing application is in, im gonna hunt on FB for a chill roomie.

6. For a chill roomie?

Lol thats funny man

7. Good advice.

If you're in Colorado and you get a roomie that smokes cigs, they're not going to care that you smoke weed at all.

8. do explain

9. They have smoking rooms in dorms now?

10. I checked "no" when I signed the lease for my apt, even though I smoke cigs (trying to quit) and bud. No one has said anything to me, nor have I received any cease and desist papers. Whenever I asked about it they were just wanting to know if I was gonna smoke cigs in my apt.

11. always put "NO" in the smoking section on any type of paperwork. that's just a way for people to discriminate against you.

especially important on insurance paperwork. if you admit to smoking, you'll get shit for healthcare.

12. Probably just checking if you mind the smell of smoke when they come in from smoking. That's how it was when I went to college.

13. Mean while if you get a guy that doesn't smoke and is sick and fucking tired of being surrounded by stoners that may not be the best idea either.

14. certainly a legitimate fear of mine.

anyone that cant stand being around stoners is pretty fucking screwed if theyre attending boulder tho