Do you smoke cigarettes? Why?

Discussion in 'General' started by Marijuana Time, May 9, 2011.

1. I smoke Clove cig's, even though they are now cigars i still smoke them. But I went from smoking two packs a day to smoking only when I am drunk as shit or when I am high :)

2. ....I smoke, because I like to smoke. It's amazing how many people take offense....

...I had a guy to say to me while I was buying a pack, " You know, those are going to kill you." ....I responded, "I have some bad news for you, we're all going to die, smokers and non." :eek:

...then he says," those are just dangerous things." I responded," so is walking out of my front door...then I jump into my car....and I go 80 miles per hour, near head on with other cars, with only a line seperating us! .....I'm craaaaaaaaazy, ehhh?"

...I think I'm going to start taking offense when people don't smoke, fuck it. :smoke:

3. fuck what people think

4. Its the act of smoking. the nicotine too but just smoking something that doesnt get you high is relaxing sometimes. do everything in moderation tho

i hate when people say "why smoke cigs when you can smoke weed?"

because sometimes, believe it or not, i dont feel like being high and weed has no nicotine.

5. I smoked for about 4years, I just liked it, I liked the smell, the feeling, the actions of smoking etc. I now only smoke occasionally, usually if I'm out drinking or if I've decided to have a t-break from the buddha, I stopped because I stopped enjoying it and I could actually feel the damage it was doing to my lungs. As I mentioned I have one every now any then, infact I had 2 today, they were my first 2 in about 8 months or so.

6. I don't have anything against people that smoke cigs. I don't myself because I already cough enough from the weed. I smoke weed like most people smoke cigs LOL

7. ((Sighhh)) It was great to hear that:laughing:

8. I smoked two packs a day at one point, but I quit smoking back in october because i kept getting bronchitis. My grandfather just passed from lung cancer, and I helped take of him.. I don't think I'll ever smoke again. I never tell other people what to do, because if they want to smoke that's their business. However I was sick all the time... And while they were "relaxing" they're not so relaxing when you don't have them lol. Also where i live cigs are now between 8 to 10 bucks a pack. I dont think it's worth it to try if you havent already. It's an expensive, unhealthy habit. Not to mention you reek lol. My boyfriend still smokes and now that i dont I notice how bad it smells.

9. People who say nothing good comes from smoking cigarette's is simply wrong. Maybe nothing good came from you personally smoking them, but for me, here is why I smoke. 1) coffee + first cig of the day. 2) Smoking on a night out at the bars, alcohol + smoking is very enjoyable. 3) If your into uppers like Adderall for ADD or rely on Opiates for pain, smoking is heavenly.

I didn't like alcohol when I first started drinking, but I sure enjoy it now. And thats the same thing with cigs, at first you will be repulsed, think the 5 minute buzz is stupid, and the $$$ people spend on them is beyond idiotic. But not everyone smokes a pack a day for 10+ years. Also the different varieties of cigs is sort of like the various strains of weed, which is fun.

In conclusion, the saying "if she smokes, she pokes" is true. Smoking is a social activity which although is frowned upon, still legal. If your job is high stress like mine is, having smoke breaks really does help. And if your broke and jonsing for a smoke all u have to do is look around for a smoker and ask them to bum a smoke and IMO 85% of people will give you one unless they are down to their last 2 or something. Try doing that with pot, you will quickly be seen as a scavenger.I think pot is by far the better plant, but Tobacco does have some advantages over weed IMO. Mostly social-cultural-legal. So yeah... that's why I smoke cigs, and I smoke American Spirits which are 100% additive free. Still... I know I will have to quit once I get older and that is gonna be a real SOB to do.

10. Why do non-smokers never understand tobacco is addictive? Most people smoke because it USED to give them a buzz, and now it doesn't ... but now they're addicted.

Plus smoking in general is fun to me, and a lot of people. If I could buy a pack of 20 joints for $2 when I first started buying cigs instead of cigs, I probably never would have started :D

I've quit ... I hope.

11. Yes, I smoke cigarettes, but only because I am addicted. They taste and smell disgusting. I find myself unattractive when I smoke them. I wish I never started, to be honest, because all it does now is waste my money and push me a step further to death. Stick with marijuana, its not worth smoking cigarettes.

12. Well, it feels good duh...

But also the social aspect around it is a factor. Gathering outside for a cigarette usually ends up in chatting with strangers, specially if you are out clubbing. Also inviting a chick out for some "air" is a perfect excuse to get some one on one time ;)

13. I think smoking is gross, but to each his own... The only time I'll smoke is If I'm absolutely shitfaced.

14. I am proud to say I have never smoked a full cigarette. I took a single hit 2 times off of one and it was terrible to say the least. I would rather smoked 5 bucks of bud then a pack a day. :bongin:

15. was a 1-cig-a-day-smoker.... became emt stress made my cigarette count increase.. and why didnt i stop? i would stop smoking regularly, but i really like the act of smoking ... even more if having a nice chat at the same time ;) right now im decreasing ;)

16. I'm not addicted at all, I like the buzz and it helps me concentrate too for some reason, probably the cancer I'm inhaling.

I haven't bought a pack in a few weeks after smoking 2-3 cigarettes daily (not packs, individual cigs) but I'll probably buy one really soon, I love smoking in this warm weather, especially at night with a beer in my hand.

17. people like to think they are cool and think they look cool smoking..... it gives them a feeling of accomplishment like they are doing something. it calms there nerves from there own boredom

18. i use to smoke 2 paks a day and was like wait why am i doing this again and just quit no problem when my health declines from something so stupid i just give it up no problems