Do You Seek The Reason For Living?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by RedheadWonder, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Lately I've been feeling like I'm just letting life pass me by. Just like I did with high school. I'm definitely looking for a place I belong and also some damn excitement in my life! 18 and fresh out of high school. No idea where to go from here. It really put me in a bad mood earlier today. I went and started applying for jobs like mad. Anything for human contact and not being at home every Friday and Saturday night. I think you have to give your life your own meaning. And figure out what you want out of it. I dunno.. I'm probably making no sense:p

2. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6mU4kbYyUE"]Meaning of Life[/ame]

"you are living thats the answer, you are living thats the meaning"

3. The purpose of life is to OWN EVERYTHING!!!!!!

4. [quote name='"Jiggernex"']The purpose of life is to OWN EVERYTHING!!!!!![/quote]

Who let Romney in here lol

5. Man, I'm glad I found this thread. I think a lot of us feel like this. I'm not suicidal either but certainly lonely. My human interaction is limited to my family as I have lost all my old friends. They are all on the traditional 9-5 path with families and shit.

Weed helps my depression but also makes me an outcast. I want to fit in but I don't want to settle.

6. I wonder where I was before I was alive, and why I am no longer there and why I have to be alive in this world as much as I don't want to be.

7. It beats the alternative.

:bongin:
    SWED

8. Learn about life, help others, and enjoy your life. If everyone did these 3 things - we would skyrocket in our evolution as a species.

9. Find a way to give back to others...Im a teacher and it has made me very happy to invest myself in something I believe in.....Kids.

10. #30 As Above So Below, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    You hit it right on the head dude. I totally feel you. I feel like I can see beyond the illusion of society while no one else can. We go to school at an early age, try to get into a good college for money, work for another 40 years, retire. By the time you retire and truly get to see the world you are close to death. Everything is about money from the time we are in 1st grade. All anyone cares about is money. I know you need money to live in today's world, but fuck man. So many terrible things happen because of money (wars, greedy corporations, politicians,etc).

I feel the same way though, what's the point in living if all you are is a slave to society. You pretty much need cellphones, computers, facebook, etc to be a "normal citizen". I've had friends without a FB and when they tell people their just like uhhhhh okay.. And act like they have the plague or something.

We work our whole lives for silly little possessions. While I am no exception, I love my computer,kindle,etc, I think it's gotten out of hand. Everything is so materialistic nowadays. Why can't people just be happy with what they have? They always have to have the latest and greatest and everyone feels like the have to "one-up" everyone else with their new "toys".

I feel like I just want to get away from it all but I know it's not going to happen. I find joy in just reading a book, walking my dog, spending time with my family, talking and laughing at dinner time... I feel like there's so much more than just the latest iPhone or the newest fashion trends...

Fuck man sorry for the long post, but you're not alone.

I am going to school for IT and I know I will have a good job, but I can't help but think, it's so fucking pointless in the end.

EDIT: And yeah I'm not suicidal by any means either, I just can't help but think about a "higher purpose" in life, and that wasn't referring to god or anything.

11. I think I'm supposed to witness the human condition and add our own page to the book of life. I believe that's why God allows us to experience life.

But for me personally, my purpose is to find redemption through being a father.

but I wouldn't recommend having a family until you have explored the world for a few years.

12. Society has created an educated workforce based on debt and not merit.

If you can barely understand math, you can get some degree whether it's University of Phoenix or some state college. Just need to sign your life away on the dotted line with government-backed student loans.

And yeah I'm sure I'll get the "you took the loan" people but I was barely 18, a freakin' child and unfortunately for me, my family never really stressed not getting in debt.

People in Europe and Asia have jobs because they got free university that was based on merit. Rich or poor, you need the proper A-levels to get into places like Oxford.

13. #33 wtfjusthappened, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    Life is the meaning of life. Without it you would know you existed, bcs you wouldn't exist.

What you do with your own consciousness is up to you, aside from that life is meaningless. This ultimately means that what you do is the meaning of life, a false hope of purpose and fulfilment

14. Like the people of the past that I've learned about have created their own reason for living, I to will create my own.

15. Yea like look at birds like what do they really have to look forward to everyday Atleast you can go out and do shit were all animals so it's relevant