Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you respect someone more when you find out they toke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 341238, Sep 1, 2011.

1. How ya doin blades? :wave:

Well today in guitar class, I found out this weird looking kid tokes up. The past two weeks I've always looked at him as that "weird no friends kid." Hahah he looked pretty goofy too. When he randomly asked me if i smoked, I was like :D.

We talked about our relationship with weed and he wasn't that bad. He actually gained a good amount of respect from me. Now what is it that makes us stoners, love other stoners? I feel that it's kinda messed up that when I find out a kid tokes, I like him a lot more.. but fuck it toke on :smoke:

2. It seems more like weed gave you two a reason to start talking.

Sort of like weed was a bridge between the two of you.

Maybe that's what earned him your respect?

It is a lot easier to make chat when you know someone else tons though

:smoke:

3. I respect someone more if they actually know what they're talking about when it comes to cannabis. Tells me that they have a respect for the plant.

4. It says something about a person that they are above the bullshit lies about weed. I'm not saying that people who still buy into the "reefer madness" are bad people...they are just fucking stupid and lacking in experience.

5. Idk about respect, but it makes them a canidate for a new buddy. :D

6. Seconded.

I have a good amount of friends who don't smoke for various reasons (they don't like the way it makes them feel, on a diet and don't wanna blow it with the munchies, random drug tests) but I don't respect them any less.

I will admit though that I do find it a lot easier to talk to a new person if I find out that they're a stoner.

7. definitely, if you have a good amount of knowledge about the herb then ill show u more love then some kid who just buys midbags off the gangbanger down the street.

8. Not necessarily but I definitely don't respect them less.

9. I respect anyone more who actually understands that what is said about weed is propaganda. They don't have to smoke it though.

10. Respect =/= easier to talk to

I would make more of an effort to hang out with someone if they smoked, its just more fun to smoke with new people than to be like "lets go watch a movie.. bro" sober buddies.

11. I don't necessarily respect a person any more if I find out they like weed, but I do get a little hopeful that if we get to know each other they might let me in on their connect. :D

I only have one right now, and while he is good and reliable, I don't like to keep my eggs all in one basket.

12. if i find out they toke or are not against weed and don't smoke it for various reason.. one of my buddies will drink with us but has never smoked because that's how his parents split up.

got mad respect for people like that as well as the tokers.