Do you respect police officers?

Discussion in 'General' started by ganjaherbtoker, Oct 10, 2012.

1. I want to, but after so many encounters with ignorant cops it's hard to.

2. Yeah unless they give me a reason not too

3. Nah man, fuck those pigs. I talk to them respectfully though, anyone who doesn't do that is just asking for it.

4. Respect somebody who wants to beat my ass for recognition and a paycheck? Somebody who, more often than not, has no input or insight on the laws they enforce? Somebody who would shoot me for refusing to compromise some of my rights?

Fuck no, they get no love.

5. id rather not get beaten to within an inch of my life so yes. well rather i act respectful towards them if thats what you mean.

6. Not all cops are the same. This is the obvious truth that makes cop haters look like idiots.

The local police in my town are assholes though, but not all cops are.

7. Quite the generalization.

8. Always. Majority are good people. But you do get those knuckle heads that will be a dick back no matter what.

But firefighters and EMTs receive my respect at all time. Those men and women are heroes.

9. Honestly, I tried.

There's good officers out there drowning in a sea of scum.

10. I respect cops that deserve to be respected. I had a cop talk down to me once, some lady bitch cop, I got all up in her face. But her partner? He was nice and spoke to me like a human, so I did the same for him. It's not a hard concept really...

11. Yeah unless the officers being a dick

12. The only time I've had to deal with cops is when someone stole my debit card and made about $600 worth of purchases within 25 minutes with it. They treated me with respect and I did the same. They ended up finding out who did it and I had my money back in 2 weeks.

13. Yes but I go off of personal experience.

The one time I was kind to a cop and did as I was told my friend was shot in the leg, so I am absolutely never respectful to them until they give me a reason to be.

I will respect some, but they have to prove that they deserve my respect, because in many cases they feel superior and have no respect for me as things are.

I mean I can't necessarily blame them, somebody tells you its your job to fight all the bad guys and gives you a gun and slaps a badge on your chest, most of you are going to feel superior as well.

This is most of the reason why we see police brutality and that senseless bullshit.

14. Do you respect armed strangers with superiority complexes who treat you like a toddler and have the power to kill you just because they passed a sad, obedience test and got a buzz cut?

15. Maybe your friend should have followed your example?

16. I'm a black man who enjoys cannabis and values my civil liberties.

So like the villain in Robocop says: "Cops don't like me, so I don't like cops."

17. Yeah if I get pulled over or talk too them I act respectful as possible, but in my mind I secretly just want too say 'isnt it really hot out today?' :laughing:

18. #19 Oceanic, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    No, not really. They're essentially money makers. In my city it takes around 20-30 minutes from them to show up to anything, unless it's something extremely serious. Even in that case, it's probably too late anyways. People have a false sense of safety when it comes to dialing 911. You need to protect yourself.

Yeah, they survey damage or are there to document things and be a witness if something goes to court, but overall they're just making money for the state to buy better gadgets and vehicles to make even more money. That's all.

19. THe real question is why should I respect a cop?

What test did they pass that automatically demands respect?

"The willing to kill anyone to enforce bullshit laws" test?