Do You Remember When.. (Good 'Ol Days)

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by EastCoastToke, May 27, 2012.

1. [quote name='"EastCoastToke"']The way it was before 9/11[/quote]

Before TSA felt me up everytime I went on a flight.

2. Bomb bags were the shit.

3. I've never seen that crystal pepsi,
    when was that going on?

4. Holy shit, I haven't seen that stuff in ages!

"You've never seen a taste like this!"

Hahaha, that soda was the bomb!

5. (Wiki) In the early 1990s, a marketing fad equating clarity with purity began with the remake of Ivory soap from its classic milky solution;[1] the idea spread to many companies, including PepsiCo. Crystal Pepsi was marketed as a caffeine-free "clear alternative" to normal colas, equating clearness with purity and health.[2] Its marketing slogan was "You've never seen a taste like this".[1]

In 1992, PepsiCo introduced Crystal Pepsi to test markets in Denver; Sacramento; Dallas; and Providence;[3] and the product generated a positive response.[2] Pleased with the results, PepsiCo launched the cola on April 12, 1992,[4] and began to sell it nationwide in 1993. A large marketing campaign was launched, for which the company invented the world's first photo-realistic, computer-generated bus wrap printing. A series of television advertisements featuring Van Halen's hit song "Right Now" premiered on national television on January 31, 1993, during Super Bowl XXVII.[2] Another marketing ploy was to give out full sized sample bottles with the Sunday paper deliveries such as the Boston Globe in Massachusetts. In its first year, Crystal Pepsi captured a full percentage point of U.S. soft drink sales, approximately $474 million.[5] Coca-Cola followed suit by launching Tab Clear on December 14, 1992.[6]

Initial sales were good but quickly fell.[7] Pepsi pulled the drink off the market and returned several months later with a reformulated citrus drink titled "Crystal From Pepsi", but this was short-lived as well.[8]"

6. And don't forget how CocaCola bombed with New Coke...

7. Pepsi blue was pretty good as well. And vanilla coke, people went nuts for that stuff man.

8. When coke had coke in it.

9. [quote name='"LeroyDankins"']

Watching those movies kills my inner child a little.

I was a big fan of the old series and when I watched the first movie released I was so upset. Yet I still gave all 3 a chance, each failing more miserably then the previous one.

Now Michael Bay is taking TMNT from us!

I don't know if you've heard but he's planning on changing the origin story completely..

There's a special place in hell for that man.[/quote]

They actually cancelled production for the tmnt movie! Don't remember why..? But never the less good news

10. Like really. +rep.