Do you really want weed to be legal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by temptphate, May 9, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I'm new to GC and have been reading this legalization forum for awhile now.

My simple question is: Do you really want weed to be legal? For me smoking weed gets me high(of course) but it also gives me a rush, not from the THC or w/e, but I get the rush knowing I'm doing something mostly illegal...

What I'm trying to say is, if weed was legal, wouldn't you have all these wanna-be people smoking, and ruining the true culture to what is being a 'Stoner'. I would be really bumbed seeing little kids ruining the culture and history behind marijunna.

I myself would no longer feel like I'm one of the few people that are the Stoners, but I would feel im just another average person doing something FOR the law. I dont like our current laws and justice system in the States, so I say fuck you, and smoke weed.

Plus, people would no longer be able to profit from growing weed, as all the clubs and future buisnesses would be the main sellers of weed. They would have the best weed at the lowest prices, so how could growers compete?

Just a thought gc, so say what you want.

2. Yes I want it to be legal beause I have to much to lose by going to jail for it. Hasn't happened yet but you never know. Also not everyone can get great quality where they live. If it were legal we could get something better than brick and mids. As far as the culture, not all smokers are in to it. I just like to get stoned sometimes. Other than that I am just a regular person.

3. I would love to see it legal. Not only for the fact that it is less harmful than tobacco or alcohol, or the fact that it is medicine. I want to see it legal because it is an infringement on our rights. The more we allow the governments of the world to take away from us the more they will demand. When the US was just born, the founding fathers of this country grew hemp. It was punishable by a fine if you were a landowner and, in times of need, did not set aside some of your land for the growing of hemp. It is my assumption that these people who founded a country had the common sense to see that it had other uses. The hemp plant can be turned into paper, ropes, canvas, fuels, etc. This wonderful plant helps people with mental issues, pain relief, and can inspire creative thought.
    If you believe in free will, why wouldn't you want this wonderful plant legallized?

4. Since I quit, I would like to see it be legal so we can use it to save some trees, better use of celluose, and maybe even a fuel source, to cut down.

Plus, it would be great to have a bunch of shady dealers gone. Dispensaries are much better at selling weed than a college kid who has maybe 2-3 strains a month.

5. I certainly don't get a kick out of smoking cannabis because it's illegal. Maybe a kick of paranoia, but no rush of joy that's for sure. And i don't think that most people do.

I want cannabis to be legal. The people demand it :smoke:

6. One way growers would compete is to put forth their best efforts, something I love seeing in someones production. Think about it, if it was legal and someone in your town was growing some killer, it would mean that the person who grew it LOVED those plants, cared for them not for the fact that they would make craptons of money off of em, but for the sake of putting forth their best effort. Quite honestly, I'd love that job, and there's not too many people out there that love their jobs.

7. Legally getting high, not being paranoid about getting busted would be an amazing feeling.

As for people not being able to grow for profit...that makes no sense. It means anyone would be able to grow for profit, not just those who want to risk prison. If you wanted to then start a legitimate business, get a commercial growers license, and grow all you want.

Hell, I've had my eye on an empty building in my area for a couple years now that would make for a nice little shop if marijuana was legal. Doubtful I would be able to get the start up capital but dreams are still dreams.

8. I am very passionate about getting it legal.

9. I loved weed because of how it made me feel, not because it was illegal. Why don't you shoot up heroin because that's still illegal.

10. I definatley don't get a rush out it being illegal, I do feel the paranoia of getting caught.
    My good buddy- great guy- fun and loving, peaceful hippie stoner, is rotting in jail for years right now becuase he was convicted of cultivation. He'll never be the same. Time has been stolen from him and he is in the worst of enviornments and will forever be labeled as a fucking criminal...for peacefully enjoying the positive and, unbeliveably, illegal herb.
    I'm angry for him and everyone else penalized for somking and cultivating herb. Don't forget that every one of us is affected by this, everyday risking being fined and even imprisoned.
    Yes, I really want weed to be legalized.

11. Wouldn't legalizing it get rid of the "wanna-bes"?
    From what I've seen, the posers are there because they think it's "cool" to do something illegal. If this factor were removed, the only pot smokers you'd have are those who enjoy being high.
    Although, if the people were under the age limit to buy it, it'd probably be similar to teens smoking cigarettes to be cool.

12. Yes.

This isn't about me and what I like about weed. It's about the logical concept that marijuana prohibition doesn't work. This should be something about all pot smokers and the unjustified treatment we all receive.

13. this is the kind of thinking done by a person who obviously smokes weed but has not been arrested for, to say you want your own sense of "originality" from regular people opposed to your freedom to smoke weed and not been arrested is insane. spend some time in jail thinking about why you are there for simple plant matter possesion, and you will find your opinion changed dramaticaly.

14. How could you not be for it if you smoke? Get busted and then we'll talk. Around where I live, you don't just get a ticket and pay it, you get carted off to county for an overnight stay or until you get bailed out, you get probation at minimmum, and to top it all off, they publish your name in the paper so everyone in the town; hell most of the county for that matter, knows you got busted and carted off to jail for it. Then churches and other conservative groups decide to take it upon themselves to start writing letters to your house telling you that your soul is in danger and shit. Basically, its the modern day stockade in the center of town allowing the public to come poke fun at you and throw rotten vegtables at you. wtf dude. Seriously. And for what? A choice made that hurts no one besides yourself, and even that's up for debate. Yes I want it legal and you should too so you never have to worry about this shit. My advice is grow up and do shit cause you want to do it not because it cool and you get a cheap thrill out of it. Peace.

15. legal? yes. stop thinking so much. just mellow out and smoke some weed.

16. personally i agree with the OP. i like the counter-culture element of smoking. i would hate to see the herb commercialized because it is one of the last important things in life that hasnt been tarnished by advertisements. i agree that the punishments associated with marijuana are bullshit-thats undeniable. i live in a state where its decriminalized, and honestly i think this is the best option. ur never going to get f'ed over for having some buds, but the underground factor is still there.

17. do you really rhin for a second that the pot culture would go away if it were legal? It will still have its own culture. It embodies it! Smokin up and opening the doors in your mind will still be the result. And if it were legal, you would be able to know for a fact what you were getting. Everyone says oh ya this is (insert strain here) but eho the fuck really knows. And the commercializing of its sales would CATER to us, not try to put us in another category. Can you imagine how go nowhere a company would be if they tried to market weed the same way they market bud light? Any one that wanted to sell their product would have to if they wanted to make any money cause we would know these guys at this company don't give a shit. Look at amsterdam. You think the culture is dead over there? If you do then you are sadly mistaken. The only difference would be that we could celebrate our ideas and culture rather than crowding in the corner of dark rooms afriad of geting busted.

18. How can people say they don't want cannabis legal? Do you know the fear that some people have to endure because it's illegal, the pain that people have to go through in the court system? It is horrible, but no, you want to keep it illegal so you can feel cool by breaking the law. Like most people, I smoke cannabis because it gives me a good feeling, and I hope it is legal someday so I can pick up high quality cannabis easier and at a lower price. Not to mention its medicinal and industrial use will be great.

19. i want it to be legal. cops arnt fun. i dont smoke to be a bad ass. that's the problem with many Americans and the way they use marijuana.

20. hey man, i realize the penalties for smoking weed are unreasonably harsh. no doubt. and i do not think i am cool because i smoke weed. it is because i love weed so much that i want it to stay illegal, or ideally, federally decriminalized.

what i dont want to see is the commercialization of pot as a fucking industry. i dont want some stupid corporation trying to market pot to me and my "peers." when that happens, weed is all about the money and not about what it means to be high.

what i dont want to see is the sale and growth of marijuana to be monitored and taxed by the federal government, because that process is inherently corrupt.

These days, every fucking thing we do is monitored or taxed or marketed to us or dictated to us. we are the product that advertisers sell to companies, and we dont even realize it. Yea, it might be easier to be able to go to a local store and pick up a dank 1/8, but that just makes another aspect of our lives reliant on some careless conglomeration.

i say keep it underground, keep it in the hands of the people who like it and are actually involved in it, not in the hands of some board of directors who's only interest is $$$$$$$.:cool: