Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you really get that much out of your weed with a vape.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by gregmagnu, Nov 5, 2012.

1. How much more would you say you get out of it compared to bowls

2. A lot of people will have a different response to each other here.

I used an arizer extreme.
    I pack it with say one and a half bowls worth, and I can get 4 high-quality-vapour bags and each of those will give me 4 long full lung inhalations.
    Also, the post-vape that's left over from that gets pretty good results when cooked into edibles too.
    You can vape even further, but I generally stop before it starts to taste "toasty".

How much and for how long the vapes effect you depends on a number of things. I've always said that if you don't smoke and go all-vape you get the best results, I can cruise on one bag for an hour comfortably.
    I find for me, the effects are very long lasting, and seem to have a higher "cap" than smoking.

Smokers, or smoker/vapers I can't speak for, it seems that their results vary.

The only things I will suggest if you'rre thinking about a vape:

*Get a good one. Don't go cheap. You don't have to get the most expensive unit but quality definitely does count for something with vapes.

*If you're going over from smoking, be patient.
    You don't get an immediate hit/rush like you do from pulling bowls/cones.
    It's a more gradual effect, and when you've just started vaping there's a couple of weeks that your body kind've learns how to better absorb the thc via this method...your throat/lungs clear out congested material and your capacity will increase - then you notice your highs getting better and better and lasting much longer.

As I've touched on, in my honest opinion you will really only get the best results out of a vape if you're doing it as an alternative to smoking.
    Not saying smoking AND vaping doesn't have an effect, just that like from myself you'll probably find the more positive feedback is from the vapers.

Though in short - IMO you get a lot more out of your weed.
    You get a better, clearer, and less debilitating high.
    I personally get less negative effects like anxiety and/or paranioa.
    I get more out of enjoying it, knowing I'm not doing my body any harm.
    I get to make edibles with my leftovers.

I highly recommend the extreme, or if you want something that operates by using your existing glass and has a familiar feel, have a look at the "vapostar".
    Both are good products.
    The extreme is a bit more of a pleasure, and slightly healthier to use.
    LOTS of great vapes out there man, everyone has their preferences.

3. ^ pretty much that ^

I took a t break while waiting for my arizer extreme Q to arrive. Packed .5 and was knocked out after 2 bags, still had another 2 bags worth after that and the taste is a lot better.

Smell is cut down a lot too you can vape in your room with a fan and open window and not have to worry about people asking what smells skunky. .

4. there's a statistic out there somewhere backed by some such research (i was high when i read it)
    it was something like joints & blunts get you 20-30% of possible thc
    bowls/bubblers/bongs & all of the sort were like 60 or 70%
    and a vaporizer will get you like 90%

those %'s arent exact but pretty damn close

5. takes me half the weed to get more baked than i would have using my bong

6. I dont like to vape anyways

7. [quote name='"Lock420"']there's a statistic out there somewhere backed by some such research (i was high when i read it)
    it was something like joints & blunts get you 20-30% of possible thc
    bowls/bubblers/bongs & all of the sort were like 60 or 70%
    and a vaporizer will get you like 90%

those %'s arent exact but pretty damn close[/quote]

I've heard this before. But I still believe bongs are and will always be better. A vape might get more thc but it misses all the other important chemicals that give you the all around high. And by the time you increase the temp to get them all you might as well combust

8. I respectfully disagree. Increasing the temp to just shy of the point of combustion is much healthier for you than actual combusting. As could be guessed, I love my vape. BTW, I have several bongs also but haven't gotten much use since I bought my vape.

9. [quote name='"Ingjr"']

I respectfully disagree. Increasing the temp to just shy of the point of combustion is much healthier for you than actual combusting. As could be guessed, I love my vape. BTW, I have several bongs also but haven't gotten much use since I bought my vape.[/quote]

They are still fun. But by the time I can reach the same high as I get from 3-4 snaps it is not worth the time, just takes so long. But I also smoke from morning till I fall asleep from being to high so that's why I prefer a bong

10. I really gotta disagree with anyone who says you wont get as baked from vapes. The highest ive ever been is on a vape. And it does take a little longer to hit. BUT when it does its worth it cuz it just makes you really high. But the nice part of vaping is that its not an uncontrolable high where you might feel kinda sick

11. My view:

I like vaporizing. I have a Da Buddha. It's a very nice vaporizer.

I happen to prefer the high that smoking gives me, better.

I smoke extremely small snaps and light them with a ceramic lighter -so I get an all-green hit with no pollutants. I enjoy savoring extremely high-quality marijuana the way a wine connoisseur would enjoy sipping a fine wine. I don't smoke to get as high as possible at all times. There is some component in the smoke that gives the flavor I have "imprinted" with.

Conversely, I can't differentiate vapor the same way. To me, vapor tastes really fresh and green and flavorful -but I can't distinguish OG Kush from Grape Ape when it comes to vapor. It all tastes the same to me.

When I've attempted to do the equivalent of a "snap" with my vaporizer, by loading the wand with the same amount I would smoke in my pinch hitter or in my bong's snap bowl, it ends up not vaporizing evenly. I stir the load a few times -just to make sure I got it all.....but, in the process, I've left myself with the taste of burnt popcorn on my pallet. I end up loading the wand with more weed than I would otherwise consume in a smoking session....but that's because I am very conservative when it comes to smoking and the tools I use for smoking are very efficient.

I don't want to put down vaporizing. I know it's healthier. Sometimes, I prefer it. But I get the most from my weed by smoking it.