Do You Read Books?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by -€®G1Θ, May 1, 2008.

1. I don't really read books that much... only the school required ones. But I found a book to read, "Beautiful Boy"...

[​IMG]

The book is from the point of view of the father. His son started smoking pot at age 13 then eventually graduated to Crystal Meth by age 18. Im surprised Ive actually read this much, book is very interesting.

2. Reading is amazing. You're missing out by reading just school texts (as they don't give a very accurate impression of the wealth and variety of literature out there)

I love reading, one of my favourite things to do. Just bought some old Kerouac books on ebay, infact :)

3. I think Im going to start reading a little more when I find some free time.

4. Yeah but lately its strictly non-fiction.

I love learning new things from reading books.

5. Well the great thing about reading is you can do it whenever. I have a habit of reading a few books at once, I got one for before I go to bed, one that sits in the bog for when I'm dropping off kids at the pool, one I take to work with me, one I take with me into the city and read on the train (usually the smallest)

Plus I love going to 2nd hand bookshops, you can find some real gems for dirt cheap. Last time I went I found a couple of cheap books plus a random one: the last volume of an old leather bound Enclyclopedia set. Bought it for a pound. Its big and chunky, over an inch thick, and I'm making one of those stash books out of it for all my ganj stuff :D

6. man, i read books everyday.

your missing out on a whole world of thought-provoking material.

7. Yeah I read every day as well, I love it, can't stand that nonliterature rubbish though. Shit that will take me places, I also love reading the old greats, tolstoy, chekhov, borges, etc.

Check out "anthemn" by ayn rand.

8. I love reading. Love lots of types of book. Fiction, non-fiction, fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction and some historical non fiction. Humorous books are also great. Although i havent been able to read as much now as i used to because i have tons of work and studies. In the next couple of weeks i will get back on track though. :)

9. I adore a good book.:hello: I love to smoke a bowl and kick back with a good novel, especially on a rainy day.
    Right now i started reading the Narnia series again, i love that series.:p

10. books are some of the most amazing things on the planet...anyone who says they don't like reading simply has not found the right book to start them off and change the way they feel

11. a read everyday, it enriches the mind, probably one of my favorite activities. :):smoking: read more. Knowledge = power:devious:

12. I read constantly.

But on a side note - am I trippin' or have you made like 35 threads today?

13. I read sometimes whenever im at home bored or something.
    I used to hate reading until i read "Holes".
    lol

14. if I had more time to read I would, I find it hard to sit down for a couple of hours and read, don't have the patience or the time really.

15. i rarely read now, id read more if i had books that kept me interested.

the only book ive ever read that i actually liked was Go Ask Alice.

16. I read the occasional book. Usually have one sitting by the bed that I read a couple chapters of each day. Sometimes if I find a really good book, I'll stay up all night and read the whole thing.

17. I like to read but don't as much as I should.

Currently re-reading Steven Hawkings: A Brief History of Time

18. Oh god, I hate reading haha.
    The only book I've ever read in its entirety is Eragon, the ones I had to read for school I always skipped through, they were terrible... I haven't read a book in like 5 years, maybe I should pick one up and try it out stoned :D

19. Obsessively. I typically go through a short book in a couple of days, and a very long one usually takes me about a week, but I really haven't kept up with my reading quota of late. I'm hoping to change that with the new books I've recently bought. I read relatively quickly, though, finishing The Stranger in about an hour, so it's easier for me to squeeze in a few chapters in my spare time.

I know exactly what you mean. Come to think of it, a few weeks ago I started reading Sphere by Crichton at nine one night and finished it at five the next morning.

:D

20. cheers to all the book readers out there... it's one of my favorite pastimes.... especially with a joint in my hand :)

I love reading fiction, non fiction, Sci-fi, suspense...

if you want a tough read but a goodie check out Irving Welsh Trainspotting... its what they based the movie on but it's much more in depth in the book...

but beware cause Irvin welsh writes in scottish vernacular... there were times i had to read it out loud in a scottish accent in order to understand some parts...

but good nonetheless...
    peace and happy reading
    hippy:smoke: