Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do You Pull Through ? :P

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Smokey_McPott, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hey whats up city :wave:

I find when I smoke bong, I tend not to pull through....I let it cherry and just keep toking until the cherry is out. I don't really pull it through more or less to keep my bong clean....I have a RooR and I find the cleaner the better and no doubt hopefully a lot of you are the same...

But does anyone else do this ?

2. I guess it would depend if you were smoking with other people or not. If not, then I guess you wouldn't have to bother clearing it; but if you were with other people then I would always clear it, you'd be wasting half your hit if you didn't...:smoking:

3. I pack personal bowls for everyone though. If we are smoking bong..its always a poppers....nothing like a full packed bowl that's such a waste..you know what I mean ?

4. I'm not with you on this one, either I'm blazed, or your blazed, or both.:D

I guess personal bowls for everyone would be nice, but I don't roll that deep.

5. he means personal bowls as in, just enough weed for one hit. and re-pack for the next person. it saves

6. I personally love massive, overflowing bong bowls, and then I pull thru whatevers left. No mess, no ashes, nothing. And thats very good, cause I always get ashes all over everything anyway, my room is polka dotted with black spots :p

7. Are you talking about snapping the ashes through once the bowl is cached or clearing the chamber after each hit?

If you are talking about not clearing it after each it, my roommate tends to take as big a hit as he can while filling the chamber, and then clearing the chamber in a second hit. It kind of bothers me when people dont clear the chamber at the end of their hit, i dont know why. Maybe cause ive had some bad experiences with stale smoke and always try to clear everything im hitting immediately. Sorry, i dont know if im even on topic. im blazed as fuck :smoking:

8. Never. I hate dirty bong water. The sound of it being done gives me goosebumps

9. I dont pull the ash through...I did a few times and didnt like the result much

10. We smoke snaps around here (single hits in the bong), so it's almost impossible not to suck a little through. Ideally though, you shouldn't suck through. Makes the water dirty faster, and tastes nasty too. We only suck it through if there is no where to ash the stuff from the previous snap, or are too lazy to get up and get the ashtray :smoking:

11. #11 acidraindrips, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
    I have never left ash in my bowl piece. I live in Southern California and around here, everyone usually has their own flave and smokes snappers out of bongs, and the occasional salad bowl out of the bub or pipe. Bong water is meant to get dirty. That is just how it works and it is really nice to fully snap and clear a big fat bowl. The water does get dirty, but then you just dump it out.

So you just smoke the bowl until just the ashes are left? That seems so inefficient and a really easy way to get ashes all over the place. The best part about the water is that it instantly puts out the bowl as soon as it falls through the bowl and allows you to clear the chamber immediately. Whatever that's just my $.02 and everyone does things differently. peace

edit: just thought of this story.
    one time, my friends and i convinced a kid that nobody really liked all that much to drink the bong water in order to get higher. We set him up by arguing about who's turn it was to drink the bong water (classic), and we let him have it because t was like his first or second time seshing with us. After a ridiculous bathroom hotbox session, we hand him the bong of sludge-black water and he chugs the ENTIRE thing, I am not kidding. There was bong water all on his shirt and on his face, and I remember he reeked for like 3 hours or some shit. I felt so bad because I was just going with the plan, but he said he got way higher because of it so we just rolled with it and never said anything about it. Good times back in my 9th grade summer. Sorry I am blazed and I haven't thought about that in years.

12. im with you on that one bro.

13. How is not sucking ash into your bong water inefficient? :confused: And how is it so easy to blow ashes everywhere? Can't just pull the bowl out lightly, turn it upside down, and tap it into an ashtray, without spilling it everywhere?

And bong water is not meant to get dirty man. Bong water is supposed to be crystal clear goodness. Why not keep your water clean by dumping the ashes somewhere else? Saves the effort of having to get up and change the water all the time, and there isn't a huge mass of burnt particles muddying up my water after the first hit.

I am from Socal and I have nothing but love, but you're confusing me man:smoking:

14. yea dude one hitters all around is my way, and then additional hitters for cool peeps, if im in a mood to give of course:cool:

15. sorry, too baked. deleted my own post, but there was a moral to the story.

16. I just mean finishing your toke and clearing it making sure your toke is done...but not pulling the ash through to keep your water and glass clean.

17. I agree. You milk it, You inhale it. Even if it takes you two hits...Thats your smoke in the tube. Who the fuck would pass a bong with smoke in the tube? Not I...

18. Yeah I try not to do that but sometimes it happens, no biggie. It dirties the water too fast for my liking, considering I'm a pretty lazy cat, I don't wanna change the water in my bong more times than I have to, you know? But yeah I do exactly what OP does, once it starts gettin ash just suck lighter til the cherry's out and just blow the ash away.

19. the normal way i smoke a bong is to fill it, exhale and then clear.

It matters not to me, whether i snap ashes into the water or not. I clean and refill the thing between each bowl. Yes, it's tedious and time consuming, but there's nothing better than a clean, fresh hit.

20. for literally 5 minutes ive been reading this topic like WTF trying to figure out what the hell pulling through is, and now i've realised that never happened to me because i always use a gauze/screen :p