Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you prefer the term loud or dank?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420boxing, Aug 22, 2013.

1. #1 420boxing, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    I've seen threads on here where people say they hate when weed is referred to as loud and that it sounds stupid.  Good weed is called different things depending on where you live.  I've heard chronic, loud, dank, hydro..etc.  Loud is usually what they call it in the hood and I can understand how suburban kids might think it's dumb cause it doesn't vibe with their lingo.

Me, I prefer loud because there's no escaping the term.  Anyone can pull out some decent looking weed and say it's dank and try to pass it off with dank prices.  But when you say loud, you can't pull out anything and say it's loud because the smell or lack of one is something you can't hide.  For the customer it's better, but I can understand how shady dealers would rather hide behind the vague term dank.

2. I have only heard loud come from douche bags.

Dank is ok if you dont overuse it.

3. people around here call it loud and strong. I call it weed, then at laugh at the amount of $$$ they spend on it. :lol:

4. #4 Dryice, Aug 22, 2013
    Both are pretty lame to me. Hearing loud makes me think of some peddler on an NYC street corner. Dank reminds me of high school kids.

I usually describe it, 'good shit' sometimes just 'good'

5. I agree with the above. That and young african american kids trying to sell quarters of "loud for 120. Hydro is a terrible name too, more than half the time it wasnt grown hydroponically.

6. I agree. I just call it what it is. High grade.

*sigh* I have to post my definitions again!

Dank - thick bud. No light passes through it when held up to the light.
    Loud, headies, top shelf or fire - high grade
    frosty - lots of trichomes. More white with trichomes than green with bud.

7. How bout call it whatever the fuck you want and stop caring what people think or what they call it. Fuck, I swear to god this is humanity's biggest problem right now. Where have all the free thinkers gone?

8. Man, that stuff is loud. 

9. I use dank or good shit

loud is definitely a west coast term

10. Neither.

I prefer chronic or diggity dank :smoking:

11. #11 420boxing, Aug 22, 2013

I haven't heard hydro in several years.  It's pretty funny when you think about it.  I think people have become more educated about weed and growing techniques that the term has fizzled away.  But I disagree about loud.  Good shit or dank, whatever you call it, is easy to hide behind.  It's vague and subjective.  As a customer, it provides a better distinction between the levels of quality and lets you know when you are getting ripped off when high grade is labeled as loud.  The normal around columbus, ohio is 50 and eigth for "dank"  I've seen all kinds of dank and a lot of it does not pack that powerful of an aroma.  However, whenever I've seen and experienced loud, it's been of a much higher quality than what normally gets passed off as dank.  Depending on the source, loud has not been that much more of a price than the dank that's been sold. 

12. whatever you call it, roll a fatty bobatty blunt with that shit. :smoke:

13. I don't mind either term, after all it's just a word.

14. Man, I should just leave this thread now or else Im gonna get heated.. Honestly I hate it more than anything when people refer to good' ol MJ as loud. Im not trying to be stereotypical or anything but my friends and I often associate the term "loud" with ghetto/gangster bulls. When have you ever heard a hippy ask where the loud's at? 

I understand what they're getting at. If some ganja is 'Loud' than I'm assuming that means it smells like some high quality weed. The funny thing about that is.. Loud refers to noise.. I've never once heard my bud make even the slightest peep let alone be noisy. If you've heard your bud say anything or hell even had a back and forth conversation with it then you most be smoking some crazy shit. Usually I cant hear my weed. I can taste it, smell it, feel it but never once have I heard it being loud..

That doesnt even make any sense.. people dont understand that its not the color or smell of the weed that makes it good bud. It's the crystals and trichomes (amber/milky white hairs on bud) that get you high. The green part of the nugget is just foliage, its the crystals and hairs that get you ripped.

I just feel like Ganja has come a long way and it would be a shame for it to be known as something so idiotic and nonsense as the term "Loud" Theres already plenty of terms anyways.. Ex. Fire, Chronic, Ganja, Mary Jane, Bud, Pot, Green, Reefer, Dope, Dank, Nugget. If people continue to derive the name of pot from its characteristics "Loud" then its only a matter of time before people start calling it crazy fucking stupid names like "yo you got that light?" "you got that hairy" "yo bull need some crystal?" Eventually well start confusing meth (crystal) with WEED. 

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO

15. I prefer Top-shelf since I buy from the dispensary. 

16. #16 420boxing, Aug 22, 2013
    loud (loud)
    adj.loud·er, loud·est1. Characterized by high volume and intensity. Used of sound.
    2. Producing sound of high volume and intensity.
    3. Clamorous and insistent: loud denials.
    4. <div>a. Having offensively bright colors: a loud necktie.
    b. Having an offensively strong odor.
    c. Offensive in manner.

</div> 

Yes, crystals and trichomes are what get you high.  Besides visuals,  the smell is the biggest indicator of potency, freshness.  The smell is more distinct than the look... imo.  For example, say you got two buds with similar looks, but one has been kept out in the open air for long and has not be preserved as well.  How would you be able to tell which one is of higher quality if you only went by looks? 

17. i've only heard ignorant morons use the term loud in reference to weed so i'll stay away from that term.   i leave that to the yolo, swag kids

18. Me: I'm bored
    Bud; Hey! ...pssst over here!
    Me: huh? wha?
    Bud: Yeah it's me, Sour d! C'mon over here and fire some of me up bro!
    Me: WTF my sour d is talking to me?
    Bud: yeah bro, you be trippen! Load me up in your bong and smoke my ass!
    Me: Oh dayum...I gotta post this on GC. Blades be lovin this shit man....

20. @[member="Old School Smoker"] My bad, didnt mean to put my writing in your quote. @[member="420boxing"], theres a reason that thats the second to last definition associated with loud. However I will give it to you that yes, loud can mean odor and aroma. I have to agree with the new, fresh nug compared to the old schwagg nug thats been sitting out for a 2 weeks and cured/dryed improperly. Anyways I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Weed is weed, lets all stop arguing about this and go smoke a bowl.. Whataya guys say?