Do you post on other forums, how many posts have you accumulated?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicious, Mar 13, 2013.

1. #1 Vicious, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    It goes without saying not to mention competitor sites but I'm curious as to how many people are exclusively blades and how many frequent other sites. How long you've been posting, is this your first forum, etc. No intention to boast or e-peen, but I want to see how "seasoned" you all are at the internet beyond GC. Feel free to share you're dial-up IRC days if you're that OG.

IGN (2003-2006) - 9,655
    Over-Grow (dead site) - 750~1000 - Even then, I preferred GC's community
    Grasscity - 7,043 - 3/12
    /a/, /jp/ & /v/ - Since 08 - amount not important since anon

GrasscCity like most of us here is my home but I spend an equal amount of time on 4chan's /a/ and /v/ (mostly /a/, more or less lurk /v/). It's nice having anonymity and great for niche communities/interest. No place is quite like GC though. I've met some great people and learned many things. I wouldn't still be here after 6+ years if it wasn't one of the best damn MJ and general forums on the net.

Again Do Not Post Competitive Sites, don't get this closed because you didn't read OP.

2. First and only forum...shit the last time I was active on the internet prior to gc was Myspace! Lol...and Facebook didn't even exist...

3. I got my 800 posts on GC and that's it, I don't really post in other forums because of middle-high school aged circle jerks. This site is good about keeping kids out.

4. 1000 over like 5 years on a bodybuilding website. Mostly just from logging my own workouts though, I'm not huge on the internet

5. The posts I have now plus 7k on another forum I no longer post in.

I wish I could get rid of at least half my post count. When we had those chat threads I posted soooo much.

6. i know i had like 6,000+ posts on a forum for a certain band when i was like 14-16 years old. other than that GC has been my only other online forum i frequent.

7. Ive got about 1200 posts on Bikeguide.org

100 on Cherokeeforum.com

And 200 on thecomeupboardbmx.net

I spend the most time on gc though,but Bikeguide is a close 2nd

8. I probably have a total of 20,000+ through all my forum accounts. I have over 7000 on two sites alone. A couple with 2-3,000.

9. #9 Vicious, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    First thing I've noticed is many "seasoned" users use proper grammar, punctuation, and better English, likely through general writing experience over time but it seems like many avoid emotes and acronyms especially as well.

What I see a lot from new users is they often double post or triple post instead of edit something into one post, or even worse, use a new post to edit a previous one. I have actually seen people post "^^^ I meant to say x*" Searching and on-off topic is a big one too but it has more to do with etiquette and laziness.

10. I've been on forums since the days of Neopets.

11. I have good grammar because my phone makes me! I kid, writing properly is important as it is easier to read and understand what someone is trying to say. I hate acronyms and emotes for the most part though, gets to cluster fucked for my liking.

12. I'm pretty new here. Honestly, I joined because the app makes it easy.

I have over 1000 post on the shroomery.

One thing I have noticed about GC is that there are a lot of younger people here. Or it seems that way so far

13. 1676 posts on a motorcycle site since 09.
    over 4300 posts on a professional mechanic site since 97.

This is my first weed site.

14. I really don't post on other forums unless it's once or twice for a specific purpose. I used to be a member of the Xbox360Achievements forum but some cunt reported a post of mine as having game spoilers (despite making it blatantly obvious in the title that there would be spoilers) and i got a temp ban which pissed me off enough that i never bothered returning.

Sometimes I post on 4chan just for shits n giggles, but not very often.

GC is the only place I come to just to bullshit with likeminded people and discuss growing. I joined back in 09 and have been an on-and-off active member ever since.

Facebook doesn't have shit on Grasscity, that's for damn sure.

15. Because the older guys were doing this before TXT format.

16. I used to play this one game where there were forums.
    But I am not big into the whole online communities thing.
    I go to this one site for mental illness. I have under 200 posts. lol

17. For years I was active on LUE2.

I don't have a lot of time to trawl the interwebz anymore, so I'm really only active on GC. I do dip into pomsinoz, an expat site for Brits in Australia, on occasion. Otherwise, I've got nuthin'.

18. First and only forum. so... a total of 700~ posts.

19. I have less that 20 posts on dreamviews. That's it lol

20. My one and only grass city, no other sites has ever caught my eye this much.

Though others I may browse this is the only one from which my words can be seen