Do you play music for your plants..

Discussion in 'General' started by Buzzer777, Apr 25, 2017.

1. I found some interesting news about Wine vineyards in France that have piped in music (Beethoven no less)..The master grower swears his vineyards do better with it.. Apparently BOSE agrees and has provided the equipment free of charge..Publicity doesn't hurt either...:weed:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. No the electrical interference from the speakers will hurt the plants. I hire musicians to serenade my plants 24 hours a day. It's the only way to truly grow.[​IMG]

seriously though from my understanding the only reason talking to your plants is generally considered good is you produce a lot of co2. I don't see playing music over speakers helping the plants in anyway apart from maybe putting the workers in a good mood.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I dont know about playing music to them, but I sing to them when I'm looking after them... not to help them grow just to drive away any pests that might feel tempted in taking up residence haha.

All jokes aside, I remember reading something some while back about classical music being associated with improved plant growth, how true this is I dont know. As far as I know there are scientists who agree and disagree with it. Nature is mysterious as were still learning new things about plants every day, so as crazy as it sounds it might benefit them, who knows...

4. Heard someone speak about this once. His theory: that the vibration caused by the music was just enough to cause increased root growth, and that lead to healthier plants

• Like Like x 1
  5. Play music for them?? Hell, I write songs for them and sing to them!! I bring an acoustic guitar out to the garden and sing to my plants. The nieghbors know i am crazy but the plants dig it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. That sounds like fun, can I join you? haha

7. yeah I'll e-mail you a video of the song and a lyric sheet so you can practice.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah its all to do with vibrations and frequencies, shit I might just get a full orchestra brought in for my next grow

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Not really related to weed but it is related to the music aspect, interesting story- I live in an affluent area, I know some rich dude down the street who owns a couple of ferraris and other super cars. In his garage, where he keeps his cars, he plays the violin to 'them'. I asked him why and he said its because apparently if he treats the cars right the cars will treat him right. Guy has his own schedule for it and everything lmao, every Tuesday and Friday just past midday you can hear him if you drive past. I dont get the point of it but hell, its his money and his cars.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Of course BOSE agrees, it could help them sell more speakers! :laughing: But have any legitimate studies ever shown this? Plants can perceive vibrations (which is all sound is), but I can't find anything solid on music actually helping plants grow. I would imagine people who take the effort to play music for their plants probably have pretty successful grows, but I'd bet that is due to the time and care they devote to their plants, not because of the music itself.

Here is a study about plants that ramp up their chemical defenses when they sense the vibrations associated with insects feeding on their leaves!
    Plants respond to leaf vibrations caused by insect herbivore chewing

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mine like...ZZTOP..LOL

zztop.gif

• Funny Funny x 1