Do you own a motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by LoveisKind, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Just picked up a new GSXR 1000, so now I have the sexhunned, the 750, and a leaderbike.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Those kats last forever. I had mine until 79K and then sold it and I just saw it on the road this past weekend haha

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. They're actually called liter bikes, I thought people were referring to them as leader bikes too for a while lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know they are but people call them leaderbikes since they're usually at the front during rides haha

5. My mum would whoop my ass if I got a motorbike I'd love a Harley but because my dad crashed his motorbike while younger & nearly died my mums against them:laughing:, my Dad crashed doing 60mph into train tracks broke his left leg/ankle and fucked his ribs up, + my mum/sister went to see a fortune teller and the woman said someone whos name starts with J will have a crash if he ever has a bike and just so happens mine name begins with J,I'll have to stick to cars in this lifetime :confused_2::laughing:

6. Got a lot of miles on my cruiser, rode it to just about every state in the south

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Electra glide? Very sweet looking bike.

Sent from my E6560T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. the red one was my last working motorcycle. a 2009 yamaha v star 1100. i have an ongoing project a 83 suzuki gs750e but its not put together yet. for now all i have is my orange dream lol a scratch built mini bike

Attached Files:

9. Yeah Electra Glide, FLHTCI with a Evo engine fuel injected 1998 model

10. #151 madcookkk, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. My Bike.jpg 1995 1200 Sportster Teal Blue

12. '83 GoldWing Interstate. Automatic ass wiper included.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'82 GoldWing Standard w/Vetter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

'78 CB 750 circa 1980??
    [​IMG]

'55 KHK in the '70s ??
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Many bikes and pictures lost over the years. When you get out of prison your shits always gone.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I like the chopped steched bike. Look pretty cool. My dad and i built my chopper a few years ago. Rolling thunder soft tail frame, 130ci ultima motor 5 speed ultima transmission. Ill have to upload pics when im on my computer. Was a shame to have to sell it , but all in the name of happy wife happy life. (Kids and safe cars for them to travel in made more sense) i was taken out last april on the hwy havnt been able to walk right since. Rubber down boys and girls stay safe as the 2018 riding season fast approches.

Sent from my LG-M320G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #155 Deleted member 638051, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    Sorry, not very good pictures. That bike was built from scratch. When I lived in L.A. I used to go to swap meets and buy parts. Back then you could build a shovelhead for $2k-$3k. Back when you had to be a mechanic to ride.
    The K models were made from 52 to 56. They were flat head motors. In 57 they wet to overhead valves, 900cc and the Sportster was born. So, basically, this was a flathead Sportster. I think I had like $600 into it total. Finally sold it for tuition at MMI in Phoenix.

Here's a better pic from the internet.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. [​IMG]

04 gsxr 750, got 30k miles on it, I put 20k on it.

Steel brake lines, woodcraft sliders/rearsets. Carbon fiber tire hugger, gpr can. Few other bits and pieces here and there between bars, mirrors, and what have you.

Ride as much as I can lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. i may be getting my first (on-road) motorcycle soon, a 2001 sv650s with 2001 gsxr 750 front end. thoughts?

17. Nice machine. Lots of power low insurance cost. I wish i could get out riding this year. My wife is adament about no more motorcycles. Tough decision been riding since i was born. (Dad cut holes in a packpack for my legs and took me on rides around the block) i did the same thing with my kids. Keep the rubber down boys and girls.

Sent from my LG-M320G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Inspect the head stock real well, front end swap may mean frame damage. Hold front brakes and rock the bike back and forth, if there's any wiggle or a bumping sound from the front end it's fucked. Youtube it. I'd buy something newer. I think the 01s were carbed. The big things to buy for are radial disc brakes, USD forks, fuel injection, aluminum frame, and monoshock. I wouldnt buy a bike that didnt have any or all of those features.