Do you need to be/have been addicted to Cigs......

Discussion in 'General' started by Floydian, Nov 18, 2008.

1. #1 Floydian, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019

2. I think it really depends on the person.

For some it might just be taking your mind off whatever you are worrying about by smoking that really calms the nerves, not the cigarette itself.

I did smoke and it never calmed me down at all, actually, if I was worked up or upset about something and smoked, I would frequently start shaking.

3. #3 Floydian, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2008
    I went from smoking a pack a day to smoking maybe a cig a week over the past 1/1.5 months. If even that.

It still calms my nerves...

Edit; I made that transition literally overnight. Just decided, then acted.

4. they make my body feel more stimulated and my mind more racy.

i think its more the whole //stepping away from whatever situation and take a smoke break, get away from whatever is stressing you out.

5. I don't NEED them to calm my nerves, but they really help a lot.

6. I agree with this even though i do not smoke cigs, I smoke black's. (Cigars)

But thats basically how i feel about it, I decided to respond because im actually trying to slow down/quit. It started cuz i was so sick last few days/week that i couldnt even enjoy smokin a black without horrible consequences so i didnt smoke em for a couple days, Then took a couple puffs throughout the day one day and jus again horrible consequences.

Now yesterday when i worked didnt smoke a black at all all day, Usually smoke on on the way, One on break, One on lunch, And one on break so atleast 4 a day.

If i had the choice id light up a blunt but obviouslly that dosent always work.

But i feel the same, Im not addicted thank god, Never have been to tobabco, But im ready to really slow down and if possible actally quit.

Save money, Save my health.

Seems like a win-win.

But i love my blacks...

7. i smoke because its something to do.

8. No, I rarely smoke ciggs, only when I'm drunk. And I've been nervous before doing something and had a cig from a friend to calm down.