Do you love to read? Do you have $8,000?

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Mar 3, 2007.

1. I was doing a completely random search for book sets on Amazon and came across the ULTIMATE Penguin Classics Collection. This blows all expectations of what I was looking for out the window.. Almost every Penguin Classics release, brought together into a collection of over 1000 volumes.

[​IMG]

Sum total: $8,000

No, I don't have this much, and I won't be buying the collection any time soon.

But this is a pretty spectacular sight, even if you don't know anything about Penguin Classics. I have rarely come across a volume I didn't like, though. Honestly, translations are usually very well done.

--
    If you have 8 Grand lying around and really do not want to read this much, my address is available via PM.

If you have 8 Grand lying around and you really DO want to read this much.... well, my address is available via PM.

If you don't want to send me 8 grand.. Buy this set for yourself.
    (And I'll see you in HELL!)

:p

"Just planting seeds", as Bill Hicks would say.

So, without further ado:

The Penguin Classics Library Complete Collection

2. I would rather spend it on some science books personally, I feel that type of stuff is somewhat a waste of time unless your really interested in it. They are some good books though and sure you could learn alot from them, but they're not my thing. I'd read a paragraph and be like "why am I doing this?". Complete opposite when reading about certain fields of science.

3. Nothing wrong with that man!

I have a friend who reads nothing but philosophy and science and curses my existence I come back from Borders with a work of fiction. While I do read a fair amount of philosophy/science/political science/psychology/etc., I don't completely agree with the concept of 'wasting time' on fiction. As long as you're enjoying yourself, time is never wasted.

Everyone is different, though-Which makes this world fairly interesting.

:D