Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you lose touch with reality at times

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by noct123, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Hey guys, so i been smoking weed for less than a year for my entire life. I am 18 years old, i started when i was 17 in high school. Then i just kept doing it everyday, it is a big part of my life.

At random times i feel like I'm losing grip with reality, like I'm about to past out. This lasts for about 3 seconds. Then i snap out of it. This happens randomly, but today at work it was far more serious. I felt tired, clumsy, i could barely walk straight. I smoked like 2-3 bowls in the morning then took off to work, i wasn't high when i got to work. But i always feel tired, clumsy, and as if i were losing touch with reality. I was in complete shock the first time this happened, i felt like i was going to literally faint. Is this normal for weed smokers? I work very long shifts, i have to keep moving and carrying things 24/7 but it's kinda hard when i feel like this. The more time that passes when I'm working, the more tired, dizzy, and the more i start to lose touch with reality. At this point i feel like just passing out. 

Did this happen because i slept while i was high as fuck? I woke up and had a weird feeling in my head, and my eyes looked weird. I had a pot hangover. Could this be why?

2. I get this when Ive been smoking a lot. If you don't like it maybe try and smoke a little less.

3. I'd say it's depersonalisation. Actually kind of common with heavy cannabis use. I get it from time to time, but I don't mind it because, personally, it doesn't affect me negatively (or positively, it just happens). If you feel like it's too much, just take a break for 2-4 days to clear your head a bit. It's not really something serious to worry about unless it starts interfering with your life, negatively.

4. 2-3 bowls in what amount of time?

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Yeah, good point. OP if you rip 3 fat bowls in less than a minute, the oxygen deprivation is probably what's fucking you up hahaha.

6. I'm not sure what reality feels like...

7. reality loses touch with me

8. If you can control what strains you get (legal state) I'd start smoking a lot more sativa if you're gonna smoke before work.  When I smoke indica in the morning before I go to work, after the high wears off, usually about an hour and a half I just feel dead ass tired like I'm on autopilot.  I hate hate smoking indica if I have to do shit.

9. I call Bullshit on reality.

10. Have 3 cups of coffee before work and save the bowls for after work.....maybe go to the Dr. as well and get a check up.....

11. It's life, my head goes a million miles per hour and there's nothing I'd like nothing more than to end it all. It's life though, you gotta do shit you don't want to do. That's why I stay high, don't have to hear my thoughts. Stay high and it will be fine, life's a bitch. Gotta do what you gotta do

12. #12 noct123, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015

Like 6 hours.

I don't buy my stuff from shops, but i can still choose between sativa or indica. I was in big need, so i hurried and bought a random strain, and I'm pretty it was an Indica. Thanks for the feedback, gonna try to wait at least an hour or two after the high wears off before going to work. I really missed the times when i had sour diesel, i would be such a good worker not even gonna lie. 11 hour shifts, moving and working all day. I never thought an Indica would effect me as much. Sativa's put me to sleep anyways though, cus I'm just lazy as hell like that.

13. Take some deep breaths and it should return back you to the present moment. I used to get anxiety if I overthink a lot, but then the deep breaths stopped it from getting worse.

14. This happens to me, but it used to happen before I started smoking (albeit rarely). Sometimes I space out and start thinking about how small we are in the world, and it makes me feel like I'm not even here. But obviously, I realize I'm here so I go on with my daily life. 

Taking a t-break for a few days or even a week or two can help if it's happening too much.

15. If you're not a regular toker I could see this being an issue.  Your blood pressure does lower when you get stoned and heart rate increases slightly, messing around with the rhythm that your body is used to.  
    I think the easiest thing to do would be to quit for a week or so and see if the symptoms persist.  If they do then get stoned, then go see a doctor :)

Have some wheaties and an apple or banana instead! coffee will just mess up your body more,  no offense to the coffee heads out there, but after being caffeine free for like 8 months, I feel great when I wake up and get some food and have the best energy to go all day, something caffeine never did for me.

17. I wasn't really suggesting the coffee as much as doing something other than getting fucked up before work.....

18. I would say drink a lot of water and switch to vaping during the day. Or try smoking 1 bowl instead of 3 and see if maybe you were just too stoned for real life lol.

19. It happens to me too man. I used to not mind it, but now it makes me feel all down and depressed. Which is why I'm trying to quit for a while.

Perhaps you should look into doing the same. If not, try to moderate your smoke seshes. You'll feel better

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

20. no such thing as a pot hangover. Pot doesn't have any crazy side effects at all beside memory loss. Seems like you just need to get enough sleep. I'd suggest not smoking when going to work because smoking pot makes you tired and lazy.