Do you look down on fat people?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Majestic Raven, May 14, 2011.

1. What if they simply don't give a shit about being skinny?

2. i'm not really sure about that. they have insane amounts of sodium, and they have no nutritional value at all.
    they are cheap and delicious though. i like to add a little red pepper flakes, and some freeze dried chives.

3. When you say look down, I assume you mean to look at them as if they were inferior to me. And to be quite honest, that is a pretty outrageous and egotistical mindset to have. I feel they are weaker, mentally - In the sense of having a lack of control/rationality when it comes to food. And in this category, I also have the same outlook on drug abusers, depressed people, etc. But, I do not feel superior in any other form. They are still capable of knowledge like any other person and are still capable of contributing positively to society.

4. I'm definitely biased. I quit smoking, lost 35 lbs., went back to school and got my degree. ALL took self discipline. That's what it takes. All these "quit smoking" patches and programs I think are stupid. They're in the business to ensure you fail so you have to do it again so they get more money. First cut down, then quit cold turkey. It ain't easy. But yeah, I'm biased. If someone really wants something they do whatever it takes. And fat people make life harder for everyone.

5. No one WANTS to be fat. Stop saying what about the people who don't care about being skinny. They just don't care to do the hard work.

6. What if they prefer fatty foods over being skinny?

7. That's a different story. My point is that fat people (In the US at least) just fucking complain about why they are fat but wont do ANYTHING about it. They just complain

Have you heard of the fat fuck in Britain that is suing their health care system for letting him get so fat? What kind of irresponsible leach does something like that? A fat person, the laziest of all people

I can see not giving a shit about being skinny but god damn...put down the fork. Get out of your la-z-boy and go for a walk. It doesn't take much to stay at a decent weight.

Of course I live in the US where it seems like 3 out of 5 people are fat christian people

8. Your disgusting. There are plenty of fat people who don't bitch and moan like you are. Unless you've met every fat person?

In 2008 Tomas Delgado(skinny) sued the family of the 17 year old he ran over and killed for the damage it did to his Audi.

In 2006 a man(skinny) sued Michael Jordan for looking like him.

In 2009 a man(skinny) sued his ex wife for his kidney back, or 1.5 million dollars.

But yeah, fat people are the only irresponsible leeches on earth:rolleyes:

9. christ you folks are so crude,
    many have genetic disorder and cannot help
    their physical states,
    everyone gets old,
    no one grows younger : /

10. You're ignoring the fact that not everybody has control over what they eat.

When I was a kid, I was a KID, and ate what my parents fed me. They fed me Mcdonalds, burger king, etc quite often because they'd be at work. I'm 6-10 years old, how do I know it's bad for me? I don't. You eat what your parents feed you when you're little.

I didn't get crazy big, but I had to work all of that off and this many years later I am fine and don't eat that shit. And no, that wasn't my fault, I had no idea and my parents were oblivious to the dangers. Of course, you could say this is my parents fault, but honestly back <when I grew up> the dangers of fast food and its inherit unhealthiness were not well known. People used to think McDonalds used fresh meat in their burgers.

Fast food is part of the problem. Our country has a huge poverty line, and fast food appeals to it. I went yesterday to get fruits+veggies from the local grocery store chain, so much more expensive compared to buying processed foods and giant things of chips. Quick, fast, easy is wanted in homes too, where parents can't be cooking meals for their kids because they work 12 hour shifts just to pay rent. Fast food becomes a viable option that costs lives later. People could do more about it, yes, but if you go to Europe even the fattest dude probably eats Fast Food one time a month. Fast food are "fancy" places to go eat, at least in Germany. In America it's an epidemic.

11. Ah well I agree on that point.
    Fat people shouldn't complain about being fat unless they have a disease.

12. #112 stealthgrower, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    for serious? that's just really dumb, please tell me he didn't win.

and all the people who are like "stop being so mean to fat people they can't help it" LOL. there is a very very small percentage of people who actually have no control over their weight. the vast majority of fat people are just fat. saying it's in their genes is BS. yeah it plays a role, but what it ultimately comes down to is they are just fat.

13. He dropped the case

14. I voted no, but what do you mean by fat?

Like obese people? Or just someone who is like 20-30 lbs over weight and are chubby?

15. You know that person who you have to WALK AROUND on the side walk because they take up too much space and are too fat/lazy to walk around YOU? Yeah...I look down on them.

16. #116 BA, May 17, 2011
    I would say good points, but they don't relate to anything....

I'm guessing you are a fat one since you took offense to my statements?

Did I ever say fat people are the only irresponsible people on earth? No I fucking didn't, maybe you need hooked on phonics? I made an example of ONE fat guy in Britain. There are fucks all over the world. Tall, short, skinny, fat, black, white, atheist, christian etc I could go ON AND ON AND ON.

You posted this thread asking for opinions so don't even try to get offended

To retaliate to you calling me disgusting, I think fat people are disgusting. Not the actual person, that would be stupid. I just think being fat is fucking disgusting and degrading in this society. Sad but true, that doesn't mean being fat isn't "ok" but why would you ever want to be fat....c'mon. That's my opinion that YOU asked for :p

17. ^ i believe he was referring to this sentence
    "What kind of irresponsible leach does something like that? A fat person, the laziest of all people"

18. #118 ~Blu, May 17, 2011
    In medieval Europe, and to this day in some parts of the world, fat people are idolized because food is scarce and it's a sign of prosperity. In our backwards society with an over abundance of everything, being skinny is a sign of self control and is hard to obtain with all the high calorie garbage we eat and the sedentary lifestyle we live.

So in short, I don't care. Whatever makes you happy.

Also being fat does not equal laziness. If you wrote a million books and never left your computer chair you could be fat. If you spent your whole life in your lab curing cancer, you could be fat as well. What about people with diseases and disorders? What about people with an injury who can't exercise? People who can't afford to eat anything other than McDonalds... So many assumptions...

Edit: How are you going to look down on anybody? What about people with food addictions? There is a release of pleasure chemicals released when you consume food, so some people become dependent on them for happiness. Alcoholics also consume an extreme amount of calories and are more at risk for being over weight. The nerve of some people...

[​IMG]

19. #119 BA, May 17, 2011
    Because we're all fucking human here man

C'mon...

Ya'll try to act like saints and that you have never judged anybody. People judge. Stop trying to pretend like none of you do

edit: im going to make a thread called "Do you look down on white males" and then bash everybody who posts in my thread and doesn't agree. Like this thread

20. Political correctness for the....lose?