Do you look down on fat people?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Majestic Raven, May 14, 2011.

1. Of course not.

2. No.

If they enjoy eating, and understand the health problems obesity can lead to then who are we to judge? Its a personal choice...just like taking drugs.

3. Agreed.

4. #44 Cannibetrue, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Unfortunately it actually DOES affect us every day, unlike you being high for instance.

If we (me being fit, them being fat; meaning in this case and as I continue using the term: far overweight/maybe obese) both ride public transit (say the subway) a fat person will take up much more room than should be necessary of someone in proper physical condition. It causes people to be more confined than is healthy in such a situation. Could also contribute to asphyxiation of shorter people who are unable to raise their head to a height adequate for breathing in such a crowded circumstance.

Also, because fat people tend to have many folds of fat on their person, they often cannot reach all the places they would need to reach in order to clean themselves. This leads to poor hygiene, which not only can smell bad (to the point of horrid) but also means that all manner of illness that are not removed can be spread to others, especially when they are in close confines with people in public transit.

Aside from that, I often see fat people more inclined to NOT WASH THEIR HANDS when they use the restroom than their skinnier counterparts. This isn't something I'm making up, it's something I've witnessed more times than not. Considering that fat people's hands are usually larger than average, that's even more surface area in which to spread illness.

Just some points, debate.

5. #45 ILoveToToke, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dead :/ I watched Black Sheep today.

6. To be completely honest. Yes.

I have a hard time respecting people who treat their bodies like shit, and those who have no self control and just eat crap all day long.

If you have a health condition like problems with your thyroid then thats ok, its not your doing that your overweight. Or if your overweight and are working towards improving yourself than i will respect you.

But to all the people who whine about how they are a victim of todays society and how its all the fast food industry's fault or whatever, then yes i will look down upon you, because i simply can't respect you as a person

7. i consider myself fat, prob around 240 6ft. I never make excuses i'm just lazy to do anything about it. I don't dwell on it, and honestly i don't care. Hasn't really affected my life. I do have a hard time looking at people that are 350+ and not feeling disgusted and just think "how did you let yourself get this way?" All those fatties rolling around on hoverrounds, getting handicapped parking spaces so they have to walk even less. That shit gets to me. I knwo i'll never let myself get that huge. I've been a big guy my whole life, although i did gain more weight since moving to u.s. and that's mainly due to my lack of walking. I sued to walk everywehre when i lived back home, but here it's car car car. It's funny, i was home for 3 months about 4 yrs ago and i dropped like 20 lbs just from walking 1hr to 1hr n half every day. But living in az, kinda hard to bring myself to go walk for an hour. I do that shit when the weather is still nice, cause i have a little one. I love walking with him, so there is my exercise. If i ever break 300 i'll hang myself, with extra strong rope.. :)

8. proof in point, this gentlemen back home walked 1-1.5 hours a day. and stayed a healthy body weight for his size.

exactly what i was saying.

thanks

9. Some absolutely ridiculous points you've raised. I'd be interested to see just how many shorter people have been asphynxiated by larger ones on public transport. Source please? And not only for that, maybe a source showing that fat people wash their hands less?

What a preposterous statement. You're stereotyping a whole population based on a few individuals you've seen personally. Lets assume you've kept a large log of fat people who do/don't wash their hands. I'm going to be generous and assume you've logged 1000 people. Whatever the outcome of this logbook, the tiny sample size is highly unlikely to be representative of the total population of fat people. Prejudice has no place in today's society.

Look dude, let's be honest here, people being fat is not going to affect us in the slightest in our daily lives. Its a personal choice, and if they enjoy food-so be it. It's their own body so the way i see it, they can do whatever the fuck they want with it, just as i can with mine.

10. Where did you use to live?
    I stay in shape because it's often times more efficient to walk or ride a bicycle here. American cities are relatively very new. I live in a city that was built before cars were common so the cityn really wasn't built with cars in mind. The inner city is actually closed off for cars except taxis.

11. Ha yeah really that is ridiculous.
    People shouldn't be fat because short people might be suffocated by their stomachs in crowded situations. :laughing:

12. Do you mean like 800 pounds fat ? or 20 pounds Fat ?

It makes a difference......

Aah..... Fuck it.. I can't lie, Of course I do !

13. If a fat person has a slow metabolism that just means they NEED TO EXERCISE THAT MUCH MORE to lose the weight down to the healthy range There is no excuse for fatness (except for like 1% of illnesses contributing to obesity). I look down on fat people and quite often observe them in public munching on non stop junk food. Pay attention at what fat people have in their carts at the grocery store. It's absolutely vomit-inducing and solidifies my belief that fat people are disgusting slobs that have no self control and it's sad.

14. #54 Cannibetrue, May 15, 2011
    Let me get this straight..

You think that it doesn't affect us in the slightest even though it's one of the leading preventable causes of death worldwide. That's precious hospital space that someone who didn't choose to eat themselves to death could use. Which, btw, considering all the food that tends to be eaten by overweight individuals, it affects the WORLD because believe it or not, starvation exists, and all the extra food eaten unnecessarily could probably feed all of the starving people in the world.

Due to rising rates of obesity, airlines face higher fuel costs and pressures to increase seating width. In 2000, the extra weight of obese passengers cost airlines US$275 million. Who do these extra cost go to? Every other person who wants to use airliner services.

Yea, all this money sure doesn't affect US one bit..

And let's not forget that these numbers have most definitely risen since their prospective dates.

EDIT: And btw, STFU. I'm not prejudice, I have many fat/large friends. I don't even make fun of them. But that doesn't stop me from letting them know that their lifestyle is severely detrimental to their health. It's called honesty, something most people are too pussy to use, they have to try to make people feel better about the things they shouldn't. That's not what a real friend does. OBJECTIVE, not SUBJECTIVE.

15. #55 imadamnlegend, May 15, 2011
    Firstly, its nice to see wikipedia being used as a good Ctrl C, Ctrl V resource.

I'm not going to go into all your points, because frankly, i can't be bothered. If you're going to look down on fat people, i assume you look down on people who drink alcohol, take various drugs, smoke cigarettes and, hell, even smoke weed. Because in case you havent noticed all these things cause unnecessary damage to your body.

Marijuana users cost the taxpayer money, one way or another. It costs money to keep people in prison. Whether its right or wrong, get caught using marijuana and you're hurting the economy. And as i say, smoking weed damages your lungs, and can cause irreversible changes to haemoglobin causing it to become carboxyhaemoglobin, reducing its oxygen carrying capabilites and increasing blood pressure.

It all comes down to choice and freedom. You've made your choices, let others make theirs.

Peace.

PS. You honestly think that if there were no fat people, the US would 'send' food to 3rd world countries. Get real.

16. I actually agree with some of the stuff you said. The obese certainly contribute to a sizable percentage of healthcare costs.

But you keep saying other stuff that is outright ridiculous. It's not like fat people are controlling the distribution of food. I'm sure that you eat much more food than is actually required to keep you alive. If all the obese in the US started eating the same amount of food that you do, I don't think the problem of starvation would be solved.

17. I also agree that fat folks have a tough go at being smaller with all the garbage high calorie, easily bought and eaten food that is around. The prevalance of these fat scooters at stores seem to help these people continue their lifestyles, check out the contents of the basket on a fat scooter. Watch some crowd scenes from the 60's or 70's, before the onslaught of cheap fattening foods, hardly anybody even looks like they are slightly overweight. The people that are bedridden from fat have a support person or group that keeps them that way, I can't understand loving someone and helping them kill themselves in that way...

18. Yes, definitely, because it's a choice. If you wanted to, you could lose some weight. And I Know that nobody wants to be fat. It just means youre really lazy and gross. I chose to work hard and exercise and work out a lot, so that I could look good. You took the easy route and didn't do shit.

19. Them not being able to control their nom in not my problem.

20. You guys... Knowledge isn't understanding... Get it through your heads.. You can say this and that about fat people.. "oh he's so fat and pathetic, why don't he exercise and do something with his life its SOOO easy".... etc...
    You will never UNDERSTAND what it is to be ANYONE other than yourself.. So this arguing over other people's lives is TOTALLY erroneous and pointless.. The question should end at whether or not you look down on fat people... If you do, that says something about the person you really are...THink deeply people. I'm preaching a sermon here. UNDERSTAND what i'm saying ; don't just know it... UNDERSTAND