Do You Like Your Name?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by basa skune, May 24, 2013.

1. Ha! See, some men would change their names. I need a husband who feels this way.

2. I like my name. It's strong, German, would go good on a plaque/something official somewhere, etc.

3. i want to legally change my name to a symbol

4. #24 ByePhilipe, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
    I like my first two names Sab rina Ashley. My last name is the name my husband gave me so it's kind of foreign to me.

BUT it makes my initials SAS and I have a bunch of sas.

5. If that's possible, I'm legally changing my irl name to my GC username. I'd never have to worry about having my signature forged ever again!

6. #26 wuidd420, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    Yea it's less common. Almost no one is named it. 

7. #27 Subliminal Jazz, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    I like my real name. yea. i don't meet too many Garrett's

do i like my old GC name marleysubs? FUCK NO

hated that name. its too confusing. a lot of people thought it meant that i subscribe but it was really just a combination of marley + sublime

so i finally changed it to Subliminal Jazz. which is a hell of a lot better to me

mehh who cares though haha

8. Never really liked it, would much rather have my middle name as my first name.

9. I actually go by my Middle name in place of my first, always have..... Never do this to your child it has been a horrible experience. That said I love my middle name strong, masculine, and distinctively me (at least to me).

10. I don't mind mine.

11. I hated my name as a kid becasue people always pronounced it wrong. Also it was different and I felt weird. But as an adult ive grown to really love my name, Its Tena (pronounced Tina) I got Ten-ah alot and it drove me nuts.

12. My name means: "A savior; a deliverer" 
    So I try to live up to my names description, it really describes the way my heart feels about this world and individuals.
    There are a lot of problems in this world that few people bat on eye at, and I want to help make people aware of things, I am getting an education currently so I am not an activist, but this summer I am going to find activist groups and hear and share ideas with them; it is best to train before fighting. I am a pacifist but that statement applies, I am going to college for 3 more years than I am hopefully going to be ready to head out and help the world with the skills I have learned, I want to teach people what I have learned and share my wisdom, like a philosopher...yeahhhhhhhhh...... :bongin:

13. My name is a fuckin religion.

14. Jacob..Sure, average name i suppose. 

15. I like it.think it fits me.

But got christopher robbins a lot in the early years lol.

16. I love my name. I have an official ass name, like I was destined for success or something. I have a rich white man's name. it's an American name, and it's funny because I'm Hispanic. my father's grandfather was British or some shit, so the last name was passed down, even though my family is Dominican. I've thought about my name, and if it really suits me... I'd never change it though, at this point it's just part of who I am.

I've had a few nicknames over the years. one was Drizzy because people thought I looked like Drake throughout high school. I didn't really think so but I got it so much that I was just like fuck it. now at my gym almost everyone knows me as Austin or A.R. because apparently I look like Austin Rivers (an NBA player) haha. I don't really mind that people call me that cuz it's not meant to be disrespectful or anything. I actually like the name A.R. because it's also commonly used for assault rifle. I won't even deny that I kinda look like Austin Rivers and people have even actually mistaken me for him. a cop at the mall was staring me down, I was like wtffff, then he says to his partner, "oh shit, I thought that was Austin Rivers" ahaha another time I had walked onto the basketball court and one kid was like, oh shit I thought that was Austin Rivers,

I don't think that names really mean anything. people say that names have meanings but a name doesn't define who you are. I know a kid name Messiah (also means savior) and he's a complete bum ass. names are just a form of identification and individualization. at the gym where I play ball, everyone has a nickname. an Asian kid is called Master Sensei, another kid Joe Budden, an Indian kid goes by Arabian Nights, a white boy is called Packs and a black kid with glasses is called Lupe cuz he looks just like Lupe Fiasco hahaha. one kid is named Created Player because he doesn't resemble anyone in particular ahaha. nicknames are more credible than birth names because nicknames actually say something about who you are, unlike the random ass name your parents gives you before you're even born. my boy's name is Dawson Gregory Redford. sounds innocent enough right? coincidently, his nickname is Dirty D haha, see what I mean? :smoking:  :smoking: :smoking:  

17. absolutely love it. Couldn't have asked for a better name then DEAN! 

18. Michael Piepgras... yay for my name

19. i used to not like my name. but then i realized my parents gave me my name and i am proud of my name now

20. Kevin's the name.

It fits me.