Do You Like Being High or Do You Hate Being Sober?

Discussion in 'General' started by qwerty man, Dec 21, 2011.

1. It's depressing to think about this, but I think most everyone who smokes on a regular basis is just looking for an escape from sobriety. We like to deny this and say, "No, I'm happy with my life, I just like being high" or "I like the act of smoking" or "it helps me sleep because I have 'insomnia' " :rolleyes:

Once you come terms with why you're really smoking, it becomes much less appealing. Whether you're at school or at work or doing errands, you look forward to it all day. When you start packing a bowl, your face lights up a bit and when you can't get any, you become irritated and start calling people you never even talk to.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with not wanting to be sober, but if you really examine what you're doing everytime you smoke, it seems almost bizarre how badly we want to escape reality.

2. Both.

I don't smoke because I dislike sobriety though. There are other drugs that are both cheaper and much more available that I can resort to if I just want a break from sobriety.

3. sobriety is overrated.

4. I love being high, of course, but I don't HATE being sober. If I don't smoke I don't turn into an asshole or anything.

5. Of course there are, but weed has the least negative side effects. Pills will you ruin you. Alcohol will ruin you. But weed will do nothing bad, which it makes it so much more dangerous.

6. Being under the influence of something for recreational use is a treat.

Set and setting is very important to me while using drugs

7. I love being high at certain times.

I used to smoke habitually, almost 24/7 in high school. I hated my reality, my friends, and my life. Sobriety just seemed like a waste because i hated everything. Marijuana made me comfortable with my negative attitude...

Now, years later, i have a great job, i have a great dog, i have awesome friends. I dont feel a need to smoke every day the way i used to.
    Sometimes i get so busy with work and school that i dont have time to smoke until late at night, and then it seems like theres no point to smoking.

Smoking is allright, and i still love my garden, i just have other priorities right now than worrying about when im gonna smoke again...

but when retirement rolls around :hippie:

8. I disagree with this almost entirely. I think you should stop projecting, and stop assuming that your situation is necessarily like that of anyone else.

When I have weed, I smoke almost every day, if not every day. When I don't, it's no big deal. I occupy my time with other things, with no irritation or otherwise negative things.

9. Man i wish i knew wat it felt like to be sober cuz i smoked this joint of every strain and i havnt been unhigh since and its been 5 years... it is nice tho but i have to smoke more to become more sober

10. I like smoking weed.

I hate being sober.

I would say it's a mixture of both.

I totally turn psycho-bitch if I don't smoke for a day or two. Back before I knew how to be a bitch, I would just be really hyper and bounce off the walls when I didn't smoke.

I'm much happier and have an easier time enjoying life when I'm stoned, especially in comparison to when I'm sober.

yep. It's both.

11. I dont hate being sober, i can deal with it fine but if im high then the little things dont get too me as much as they would when im sober, majority of the people at my college are dicks but when im around them high i dont even care, just laugh at them

12. I just like smoking to enhance things. Ever sit and relax after a hard day's work... on weed man.

13. Yeah sobriety is just.... I dunno. It's not terrible but it's not preferred. I can deal with it fine I just have more fun not sober. None of it dictates my life or anything. Hell, tomorrow marks two weeks I've been completely sober. I haven't felt shitty or anything because of it. I don't even have a reason to be sober.. it just has played out that way, y'know?

14. #15 BlackFlaggin420, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    i love being high, and i love being sober
    i love working sober to make the high worth while. 100% vice

life is awesome, very awesome, just alot of negative nancies prowling u know but

never use mj as the 'thing' to keep life moving. i have before and it can be a horror story, not like addicted to hard drugs, but your mind starts going bonkers for a day or two with out smoking.

if your really depressed and cant find the answers to solve the reason, dont use MJ it can prolong the depression

i was perscribed prozac years ago, it made me into a zombie and it kept my feelings deep but i still felt it.

i smoked weed almost everyday a few months after i was perscribed prozac.

i stopped taking prozac and continued to smoke weed.
    i then thought while smoking, WHATS making me feel like this(depressed)?
    is it the money not in my pocket? is it still being in the hood for more then 20+years?
    is it that i dont feel comfortable in my body??

i thought and thought of ways to over come my problems. using MJ as a backup when it got ruff, and it got ruff everyday until i finally succeeded my problems and became not depressed,

MJ helped for i guess two years after that.. then i started to see minor minor side efffects of prolonged use. then started to go into depression again but this time on MJ!!!

that time i stopped and did the same thing to overcome it..

life is ruff but always use MJ responsible! MJ does anything you want when ur mind is right. edit

15. I nominate this for stupidest post I've ever read.

16. fuck what everyone thinks. I want to smoke weed if anyone has a problem that's fine with me.

17. I enjoy smoking cause it helps me relax and enjoy life more, that doesn't mean I don't like being sober. I just prefer being high and also it's gotten to a point where feeling sober feels weird and not normal.

18. Just kinda depends.

There have been days where I couldn't wait to smoke.. There have been other days where I've been bored out of my mind and had to convince myself smoking would be a good idea.

19. I prefer to be sober at work, on the road, during family time.

All other times, can be enjoyed high.