Do you like being called a stoner?

Discussion in 'General' started by 1993F250, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Does anyone else dislike being called a stoner? Myself and lots of friends smoke a ton but are generally still productive, get our jobs done correctly etc. We call for example the electricians of one vendor at work stoners because they smoke as much as we do but fuck everything up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not really OP. I am not a fan of stereotypes. I am a casual smoker that just likes to unwind a bit from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HATE the stoner stigma.

Weed makes stupid people dumb as fuck.

It makes intelligent people able to tolerate said stupid people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Exactly lol. Some people just dont get what i mean when i say that lol

• Funny Funny x 1

5. Watched this last night when i was high didn't know it was based on a true story

6. It seems around here the word stoner refers to someone who smokes too much so they cant accomplished anything properly but in general it just means someone who smokes regularly. No one seems to care whether you do or not if you get your shit done, ive never actually been called a stoner. More like "whoah your a stoner no way"

7. You can call me what you want as long as you dont act on it by stoning me. cuz then i might have to throw stones back

8. I used to get called a stoner a lot lol me and my friends were the "stoner" group in high school. Now nobody really cares though. Around here it's usually meant as an insult but it doesn't bother me. I know it's meant to mean lazy or whatever - but I know I'm not lazy - I work hard and get my shit done and that's what matters to me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I don’t like the term either.

It’s like calling everyone that enjoys a cocktail in the evening a drunkard.

Yes, there are unproductive people that are stoned all the time just as there are their alcoholic counterparts.

The stereotypes are starting to fall away for the cannabis user, but it does take time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I don’t care what people call me. I call myself a stoner or pothead but I know that I’m a productive person who just likes weed. When I say it there isn’t a negative stigma attached to the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Its not bad being stoner

12. I prefer the term ‘ganja monster.’

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Anything determinedly linked to marijuana usage is something you want to stay away from; people who have no problem being associated with that stigma typically do not have a lot to lose and/or do not mind losing what they have... If they have no problem losing what they have, you losing what you have is peanuts to them.

Maybe these people feel resentment because you feel you do have something to lose, I do not know why, but it is clear that these people that have no problem being associated with that stigma have no problem associating those around them with it, as well; however, at the same time, if you are in a situation where that stigma is going to play a big role in that situations outcome, you only have yourself to blame for being in that situation to begin with.

I usually carry a travel bag with me, if I am smoking with a buddy, which has cologne, hand sanitizer, mouth wash, lotion, eye drops and an emergency unopened car air freshener.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Context is key.

If I’m smoking 3 blunts at once and my friend laughs at me and says “you’re a stoner,” that’s fine.

If someone who doesn’t know me well says “you’re such a stoner all you do is smoke” I just calmly and politely tell them to fuck off.

If you’re working and got your shit together, who the hell cares?

• Like Like x 1
  15. This is the main reason I still smoke weed tbh. Or just tolerate people in general lol, I'm not that intelligent

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don't like interacting with the public unless baked but only vape baked and not blunt/dab baked lol.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Agreed

18. I don’t smoke weed. So I don’t mind it. Somebody call me an alcoholic though...

fightin words..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. I don't get what the big deal with being lazy is.

Who cares if somebody is lazy. They're the ones missing out on life. So why the witch-hunt, why the fear?