do you like being alone?

Discussion in 'General' started by psilocyberspace, Oct 16, 2012.

1. I dont have alot of friends, i only hang out with some of them from time to time but we keep in touch on internet, these are my true friends who i trust.
    But yeah i actually like being a loner and have time for myself. For awhile i thought i lost the ability to socialize, but recently i have come to the conclusion that i just dont fucking give a fuck what other people say (most of them), because its usually shit that i just dont care about.

So ye, do you like being alone?

2. I am a total loner and I think it's because I was home schooled for 9 year so for me being really social is stranger than being alone.
    Also I am the coolest person I know and humans are annoying.

3. I would say that I like being alone about as much as I like being around people. I could care less.
    People are fun, but they can get annoying.
    You can really relax and think while your alone, but it can get boring and lonely.

4. I've been alone for so damn long I can't stand hanging around people any more. I haven't hung out with a single person for at least two months now ans before that it was maybe once a month tops I'd see a friend.

5. Same kinda deal wit me i got friends but i can't really be fucked seeing most of them. They mostly like stuff that is mind numbingly shit and don't smoke weed or listen to metal or skate/snow boarding or any good shit so don't really have much time for them

6. I do like being alone. I have very few close friends nowadays and I've realized I just don't give a fuck if I'm hanging out with someone or not. Usually I opt for the latter because every single friend I have is a "party" friend to get fucked up with. I have like 2 friends left that I hang out with without partying and that's it. I'm just not too keen on spending my whole life getting fucked up on drugs anymore so I've learned to love being alone. I've always been a quiet girl too so it's not really anything new lol. I wouldn't mind meeting other people that don't necessarily want to party all the time but if I didn't I wouldn't worry over it...

7. and yeah thats one more thing, all those party freaks who are determined to get drunk as fuck every weekend, im not that kind of person and it doesnt seem to be accepted by some people, then you will get the "boring person" stamp.

8. I feel being alone makes you smarter in a way. Forcing you to make all of your decisions for yourself and whatnot. I don't like it but it's made be a stronger/better person for the long run.

9. I just recently moved into my appartment by myself for the first time... it gets extremely lonely.... plus when your depressed it sucks even more.

10. Yeah I'm a classic introvert, I have friends back in my hometown but I don't need the company of people or need anybody to make me happy. I'm not bored either cause my brain is my own entertainment center plus I do a shitload of research on the net, used to care about having a girlfriend when I was younger but now I don't really give a shit nor do I feel like I'm missing out cause I don't use social comparison.

I go out either if they're parties with females, chilling with my bros, traveling, buying accessories for music, looking for a job but other than that I'm not depressed, I just don't want to deal with people's bullshit and drama; people be saying they're chill but always ending showing the exact opposite. Guess it's my independence of being a INTJ.

11. in high school I was very social, in my field a 4 year degree isn't required so I only took a few classes here in there. I'm very content with myself and have a few solid friends that I care about. I deleted my facebook the other day because I really realized I just dont give a shit what anyone I use to be associated with has to say. I love new people, but my work schedule allows me to work my schedule has really taken over.

12. I do enjoy being alone and I've only recently realized that. When I was younger like high school age being alone would stir up a ton of anxiety in me for some reason. Now I've realized its just a balance issue for me. I can have too much alone time as well as having too much socializing. Like a week or two straight without hanging out with anyone and I'll get a little stir crazy

13. I love it 90% of the time, but I get pangs of lonliness every once in awhile... I'm not alone all the time because of choice.

14. I'm an extrovert and enjoy peoples company but also greatly enjoy being by myself. I'd say half my day is spent by myself and the other half with other people. When I'm by myself I become introvertive, and with others extrovertive.

15. I get all the interaction I want or need during the week...work with some great people....so when its night or weekends I LOVE to be alone. People are draining...lol

16. Loneliness leads to intelligence which leads to depression which can lead to suicide.

Its a great thing in moderation but too much of it can be really bad for you. It wasn't until I started being alone and on my own that I really matured and developed my beliefs/values.

Then it became severely depressing and hard to cope with.

But yes, being alone is a good thing. It allows you to think on your own and not have others fill your brain for you.

Just my two cents.

:smoke:

17. [quote name='"Sploojum"']

Loneliness leads to intelligence which leads to depression which can lead to suicide.

Its a great thing in moderation but too much of it can be really bad for you. It wasn't until I started being alone and on my own that I really matured and developed my beliefs/values.

Then it became severely depressing and hard to cope with.

But yes, being alone is a good thing. It allows you to think on your own and not have others fill your brain for you.

Just my two cents.

:smoke:[/quote]

Explain

18. Yeah I'm pretty annoying.

And sometimes people find themselves alone because they may not have many friends or they don't participate in the same type of activities that other people do, maybe not many people like them and such...

It depends what kind of environment you're in, if you have schooling or if you're in a work world then no one really gives a fuck if you're alone, but when I'm outta HS and off to college I know ima keep a list of my old friends and still hit them up even though i gotta chill with a whole new group of people.

I always thought that I had some sort of socializing disorder when I was younger. Truth is though, I liked fucking around by myself and hanging out with my family too much. But I guess it's just something that you either have or don't...don't consider yourself a loser if you don't have any friends either though.

19. Your an ass. Just because I went to jail doesn't mean everyone doesn't like me.

20. sometimes i do, sometimes i dont. my girlfriend has 4 kids, i am over there a lot, like 4-5 days a week we are moving in together come january. but i do like my alone time, like tonight. gettin high, watchin TV shows on netflix, drinkin some liquor.