Do you label yourself?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ete23, May 24, 2011.

1. If I had to, I would be an Anti-Theist, Agnostic, Skeptic. I think religion is evil and I don't believe in any set Truth.

2. "If found please return to..."

3. I believe, using labels implies conformity to the social construct.

4. No, I do not...

If someone tries to label me, I will consider their reasoning for giving me that label, and then proceed to describe why that label may be correct in a way, yet fails to encapsulate me.

5. I posted a thread a while back that was very similar to this one.

Anyways, no I don't label myself in any way, shape, or form. I enjoy being my own person, and I just don't understand why so many people feel that they NEED to be this or that. Just be you. :)

6. this.

7. It's the only way I can define myself to close-minded pricks without using a details when explaining my personality traits... because that would be considered so postmodern. :rolleyes:

8. No, I'm too much of a rebel. IRONY.

9. This way up!

10. Agnostic....but after watching Ancient Aliens I feel like that's more realistic than religion.

11. Made of molecules

12. I find labels of any type, restricting.

13. #14 esseff, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
    I often try and label myself but they just keep falling off.

14. i only label myself as human. cant escape that one.

15. I am an alien...:eek:

16. I use labels. It's easier.

17. i label myself as a christian catholic but at the same time i'm so incredibly not...

i was raised with the religion, i like the religion, shit i even like going to church sometimes, it gives a good feeling when your stressed, and so does praying and shit.

do i think i'm 100% right and fully believe in EVERYTHING the religion says? no.

i'm very open to all aspects of every religion or non-religion for that matter because i truly have no idea what actually happened or what is true, neither does anybody.

18. My label is my name nothing more nothing less, I'm human not something you can buy or sell(well not in my country..well atleast I don't think)