Do you know who you are?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bananarama, Sep 20, 2012.

1. I wonder about my life, my past, my future. I am confused about my identity. I see myself in a positive light but also in a very angry, pessimistic way. Am I a person who can improve myself, overcome all odds and achieve success and forget my damaging past? Or is it the past that defines me, a scarred and battered person, and makes me that no matter what I do? Who am I, in this strange, strange world?

2. Your an ever changing creature blessed with the gift of life from the Universe.

Understand that the insanity NEVER ends for we are simply all each other experiencing the world through a different set of eyes.

3. The past defines you if you let it. A truly free person does not assume any identity but their own.

4. I'm not really sure if i know who i am, all i know is what i like and dont like. still confused though on who i am

5. This reminds me of a quote... "Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry.. all forms of fear.. are cause by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of nonforgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence." - Eckhart Tolle

For me, who I am is my present self. You must live in the present. You are who you are today. So don't let negative emotions overtake you.

Take some time to meditate and soul search and see what you're all about.

Much love.

6. I believe that you will never truly know who you are. Since we change everyday it would be hard to know who you are really. You might find something that you really like or maybe label yourself as something but that doesn't necessarily mean that's who you are. But I'm also only 18 so the one thing that I do know is that I don't know much and I don't really know myself.

7. I know that I am ever changing, ever growing and ever evolving each day.

8. exactly what i wanted to say:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::smoke: