Do you know the truth?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Apr 17, 2011.

1. If so, great! There is nothing more that needs to be said. If not, then why do you speak of it?

2. Do you know the truth?

3. it's all just words. no combination is more or less true than any other

4. I find truth in the moment. Just enjoy being. Asking for anything more is like squeezing an empty milk carton for your cereal... Your breakfast is still going to be wholesome and fill your appetite regardless of the milk.

5. Those who know, do not speak.

Those who speak, do not know.

6. you spoke! :p

and just for the record, my truth is wayyy better than any other truth. the rest are false. follow me.

7. People have these roles they have come up with that their "ideas" have to play out as. These roles aren't being played as absolutely as their ideas would have them believe...this is why it seems, to some, that the world is falling apart. But no, it is coming together, for these "roles" are losing their power.

8. Did he really? Are you sure the voice wasn't inside your own head? ;)

9. Is truth something to know?

10. good question...I suppose the question is "answered" by how you choose to answer, and if you choose to answer...

11. In establishing that the truth is something to know, you know it is something!

But if truth is nothing, can it still be? ;)

12. I know a bunch of falses that I claim to be true through my own investigative studies (inside studying and outside studying) to mould how I want to live and mould my perspectives on life. My truths are not true to everyone that is why they are false truths, but they are true to me because they fit me.

13. The true like everything is open to interpretation :D

14. As far as we're concerned in this plane...

The truth is, there is no truth.

it's all relative

15. Most truth is relative, so it depends from where and how you look. There are other truths that are probably what might be termed universal or absolute truths, but even if I knew what they were, I wouldn't be able to tell you in a way you'd understand.

16. it all depends

17. I think people look at truth in a far too romanticized sense.

It's pretty simple what you can know and what you can't.