Do You Know How Long A Screen Lasts?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Tripping Nightmare, Aug 2, 2014.

1. I'm getting some screens here from grasscity and was wondering how long the screens last for? Anyone gone through some while smoking?

2. I've gotten some from grasscity and they last quite a while, like at least a couple weeks if all your doing is blowing on it to get the residue out and probably more if you pulled out the screen and blew on it really hard and rinsed it but for the most part they seem to last a while. This was my experience with a smaller bong and lighting up 3-5 small bowls a day for those few weeks. If you don't feel like doing any cleaning to make them last longer then they're cheap enough from most head shops to get a replacement

3. Thanks and I would have no problem cleaning it.

4. I use glass screens and they last forever providing you don't lose them.

5. i cant believe you buy screens on the internet lol. theyre like $1 for a pack in any headshop

6. I wondered if they had them or not so I just went online because it's easier than finding a ride that can go 50 miles out of town lol

7. Most gas stations also carry screens. Just ask the cashier if they have tobacco pipe screens. Usually always behind the counter if they carry them.

8. I have bought screens from a gas station before, but they weren't glass.

9. Truth. Pipe screens are not glass screens. I was going along with the line of reasoning in this thread that normal screens are ubiquitous and don't need online purchase. Since op was discussing normal screens not glass.

10. Thanks I'll try that next time

11. Fuck the metal screens. Usually you have to try to bend them to fit the bowls, Which if done improperly, tends to fly out and spill your weed everywhere. They also tend to burn out and crumble after a few uses. I don't think smoking metal is very safe either.

Get a glass screen. Last millions of uses, and unless you lose it, it will last forever.

12. I thought glass screens were just for vaporizers

They actually work perfectly for bongs and pipes aswell. I use a small glass honeycomb screen in my bong, and I swear by it. My bong has never been this clean and ash free before.

They also sell "Daisy" screens made specifically for pipes, and its alot cheaper then honeycombs. (A pack of 20 Daisys cost as much as one honeycomb screen)

14. I got a honeycomb screen in my vape pen but it was a cjeap material and broke in half. Worked great while it lasted. As for the metal screens, if u clean them regularly along with your pipe then they will last a couple months atleast..