Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you hold your hits in?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PickleHead, Dec 13, 2010.

1. id consider myself a seasoned toker however this is more of an apprentice question. ive heard a lot of people in support of holding your hits in longer, and a small amount that say it doesnt matter as long as u inhale holding it in has no purpose.

so whats the truth? dont spit your opinion like its truth, i want to hear from someone who REALLY KNOWS. should i hold em in till i cough em out, or just exhale?

2. i think you should hold it in atleast 3 seconds. its not a cigarette

3. Holding in you hits makes a HUGE difference.
    Source: Many years of experience.

4. Hold it in 4-5 seconds.. no need to suffocate yourself? All the THC is absorbed within 4-5 seconds, anything after that is all in your head.

5. ^ I agree, it's all in your head if you think you get higher when you hold it in more that 5 seconds

6. 8 seconds is what ive always heard and always done

7. I try to hold it in for a little bit i feel like i waste it if i immediately blow it out

8. I wouldn't want to hold them in for too long, because you might get light-headed. But a few or several seconds should do just fine, so anywhere from 3 - 8 is what I do.

Your lungs are efficent machines, I'm sure they can absorb a good deal of THC/CBD/CBN in a short time.

9. I try to follow the 6-8 second rule.

10. true that yea i do feel like its a waste blowing it out right after. i always hold it in at least for like 3 seconds every hit but hmm its whatever i get high . i guess its all about getting as high as u can for what u got tho

11. Only for 5 seconds at most.

12. I usually hold them in for about 2 seconds or so haha. sometimes 1 second. I get baked from .1, so i doubt you need to hold it for much longer

13. aight close thread. i just read the myths FAQ and it says holding in your hit for a long time does nothing but limit the oxygen getting to your brain. ill do some of my own trials and see what happens but i just didnt get the response i was looking for.

14. 3 seconds at most. I used to hold my hits longer but then i passed out one time.

15. i hold in untill 4 seconds and then breath out slooowwwllyyyyyy :bongin:

edit: ^ lol i never passed out smoking that must be pretty scary shit knowing you could've left something out that might cause a fire or anything in your room

16. yeah but 3-5 secs is all u need. any more is just stupid and ull get more bad smoke without thc that ull absorb. 3-5 secs is all u need

17. Ghost all day

18. From the endof my hit prob two or three seconds

19. #19 PickleHead, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010

-Insults don't fly here

Stylez1877

20. woah! someones ---> :mad: