Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you hold in pen hits and how long is your pull?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mookie0608, Apr 27, 2019.

1. So I picked up a cartridge and battery from my dispensary and they told me because it’s a lot stronger then flower you inhale but don’t hold it in and u only take a 1-3 second pull/draw and if u hold the hit your just gonna caught up a lung get a headache and a heavy head feeling. Was I giving bad instructions?

Do you hold a hit in like smoking or dry herb vaporizer? If so how long

And

Would I take a nice hit? like I do my dry herb vaporizer 10-12 seconds.

They tried telling me if I get to high it can be as bad as an edible or dabs if you over do it, and make you violently sick.

Oh also what voltage do you use? If it matters the battery is by curaleaf and the setting right now is 3.3 the lowest. I usually vape at 390 for my indicas occasionally 410.

2. It depends on the cartridge. Some cartridges give monster hits, some you need to pull for 5-10 seconds, so you need to experiment a little. I usually hold in my hits for 10-20 seconds. One warning is that it can take 15 minutes to feel the full effects, so go slow. When I first got in the legal cannabis scene, I took three huge hits off a cartridge, and I was out-of-my-mind high.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Now see that’s the complete opposite they told me. I know it’s a co2 extracted cartridge that’s 70% thc. It doesn’t push out a ton of vapor in a very short period of time. Or compared to my mighty a ton of vapor in a split second that probably compares to like a 7-9 second pull off the mighty.

4. I hold hits for about 4-5 seconds no matter how I consume

5. I have used vap pens with oil weed and I don't hit it as hard (I did one time and hot boxed myself really bad) but I do hold it in as long as I did when smoking "old fashion" joints :)

6. Heard that holding in deep, big hits is kind of a waste?

7. I find a lot of variations on how well the carts pull- some require quite a lot of effort- but I do try to hold my hits 5-10 seconds. Some brands give you a lot on a three to four second pull, others feel like you are trying to suck the chrome off a trailer hitch! I only use carts from my local dispensary, but even then I have been sold some clunkers- Even the name brands they use can have a batch to batch variation in how well they work- but the dispensary is really good about swapping out defective carts- which surprised me as that policy could be abused by nefarious types . I always use a tri-volt battery and start at the lowest setting when changing from one brand to another- really helps with the different viscosities from brand to brand.

8. I find that with most carts you gotta:

One-Mississippi them...

Hit the button and draw for ‘one mississippi’, then let off for one and repeat about 4-5 times.

If I just lay into the cart with my battery it will burn like a mofo. One way to tell if you are burning and not vaping (aside from taste) is by blowing through a few layers of toilet paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hold it in for as long as you want. Especially if it’s vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 Dancingdragon4, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    I recently started vaping with CBD and usually, it's around the 5-7 sec long. It works best for me and I don't get hammered 3 minutes in. I mean that it is quite relaxing and I feel very relaxed and weak for 3 minutes, but then it becomes very peaceful. I do it to fight with panic attacks. My doctor prescribed me CBD. By the way Vaping cbd is much more tasty than drops or any other way. if you didn't try I recommend liquid for vape with CBD.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. You won't get hammered at all if you're vaping CBD :laughing::laughing: