Do you have tattoos that you regret?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by nanners, Aug 8, 2012.

1. I literally have about a hundred terrible tattoos from before I was 18.

2. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

This is exactly what has kept me from getting a tattoo.

I want one SO bad, and even have a full sleeve that I've drawn up myself that I want to get done eventually. But I have so much trepidation about it.

I don't give a damn about looking at a tattoo artist's book. As a photographer, my portfolio is filled with my best work...so it follows that a tattoo artist's book is only going to be a representation of their best work.

Well what about their worst work? What about their fuck ups?

I'd be pissed to no end if I go in to get a tattoo and the artist screws up. I seriously don't know what I would do. The tattoos I want are my own designs, so I want them to look exactly as I want them to look, especially if I'm paying hundreds of dollars for it.[/quote]

Just go to a good well know artist. Look
    At friends work and ask where there's might be done. Check and see how straight the lines are. That is the key. Most people don't even notice that the lines are all crooked and it makes it look like shit. Once u find your good artist stick with him an don't go to anyone else. I have been going to the same guy for all my work for over 10 yrs now. I even moved away and still make the 3 hr drive back home for him to do my work.

3. got my star sign tattoo'd on my upper arm, i just dont like the way it has turned out. had a buddy work on it and i just still dont like it. will have to get it covered with something and that wont be cheap.

4. do them young,

just like having a child and loving it a few years later....

5. the one i was griping about is actually starting to grow on me lol

6. I don't personally, but maybe someday 30-40 years down the road if I'm a different person I might.

7. What do you have tattooed?

8. Haha, I have a tatt like that (although, not that terrible) and I love it for that very reason.

About 2 years ago I was planning on tatting myself a 2-dimensional drawing of a cigarette with "SMOKE" above it... good thing I didn't go through with it.

9. I have a tattoo that wasnt done well. I want it gone, and done again by someone who knows what they are doing.

10. I have the most ridiculous tattoos on earth and I love em. Dearth Vader riding a unicorn, toonces the cat, and Randy from PeeWees playhouse smoking a cigarette -3of my favs.

11. Lol... Pic? :laughing:

12. I stuck em in the big tattoo thread :)

13. any idea what page ?

14. I would get your sig tattooed on me. Lsd for peace and everything :3 ;):p