Do you have permanent scars?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by IfImoffpleasecorrect, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Yep on my chest, in between my eyes. I'm my lip (makes me look like an evil mercenary. And my hands are fucked up from oyster farming.

2. Got a few on my knuckles from punching things.. anger issues can be a problem haha..

3. Have 2, one on left wrist and another on chest. Wired thing is both happened due to shaving blade..lol

4. My hands are torn to jesus from mechanic work. Never liked wearing gloves spent more time looking for dropped bolts then actually fixing things with them on.
    3 inch scar on my front right abdomen from herniea surgery .
    2 inch scar on left front lower abdomen from vericocel surgery.
    3 inch scar on my head if I shave it where a bumper jack let go and bashed me in the head lol
    And a trio of 2 inch slanted scars on my shin from when my chain saw kicked out on me lol that was so bad to heal. Chain oil really shouldn't get into the wounds haha.

5. I have a laceration scar over my right eye from a car accident when I was 18. It's pretty gnarly :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  6. got about a 6 inch surgery scar on the side of my left knee, after breaking part of my femur had to get it repaired, still got 3 titanium alloy screws in my knee, they'll probably be in there forever cause its a major surgery to get them out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Burn mark from a hot pipe on my left arm, scars from 3 surgeries on my left shoulder, my right hand is all fucked up from a fight, plus a few dozen more smaller ones.

8. My old dog bit me when I tried getting a ball of duct tape out of his mouth. I had to get about 7 stitches and I was hysterical the entire time....

9. I've been in a motorcycle accident ejecting myself over my handlebars into oncoming traffic... all the scars are just temporary though! I got all the cool permanent ones before all the other dead souls could :p

10. No being serious though i have 1 on my arm from my arm snapping in half, one on my throat from my tracheotomy, one on my stomach where they opened me up to fix my liver and lungs as well as check out my heart, another on my stomach from when they took out my blown up spleen, several little ones on back and arms etc.. from needles and what not, ive got one on my thigh from a bike incedent as a kid... just call me SCAR ok?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I got this weird white burn scar after dripping hot grease on my wrist while cooking mushrooms at McDonald's. Smallest scar but I swear it was at least a cm deep in my skin when it happened.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I feel your pain, man! I got a lot of those scars too (minus the trach, thankfully). I had a couple surgeries after a car wreck that left a big ass zipper on my gut, though it's faded a lot more than I thought it would at first. Got some more surgical scars from the hardware put in my arm, shins, femur, and back after said wreck, a chest tube scar, and an appendectomy scar. A few scars on my scalp from that wreck too, and a couple others from skateboarding.

Skateboarding definitely left its mark on me! Lots of small scars on my shins and forearms and a pretty big one on my knee. There are lots of small scars on my hands as well from doing landscaping and contracting work and working on cars. I had some minor burn scars on my left arm too after getting hot grease on me while frying chicken at KFC, which was surprisingly less painful than burning my foot and leg with degreaser (also at KFC), but they've been all but totally concealed after having my sleeve touched up after that healed. I have a few stab wound scars on my the side of my neck, my left side, and my left thigh from when I was a rowdy, fighting asshole, got a few smaller ones on my lips and around my eyebrows from fighting as well. My childhood best friend and I had the same scar across one of our palms after deciding to become 'blood' brothers as kids. There's a tiny scar on the underside of my chin from when the fork of my bicycle crumbled when I reached the bottom of a stairwell when I was eleven, broke my arm and wrist from that too. I have a scar on my left butt cheek from a barbed wire fence (yes, alcohol was involved!), and a tiny scar on my scrotum from a testicular biopsy :eek: also currently have a fresh scar on my leg from a skin ulcer that has finally fucking closed up.

I think that's all, which oughta be plenty! My wife jokes that I have more scars than a Vietnam vet :laughing:

13. A scar from my crotch to my sternum and another 10 inch scar near my right kidney. A gnarly one on my right knee from a motorcycle accident and a 3 inch round scar on my right shin. A handful on the top of my head. One on my nose. Another on my forehead. Also my cheek and my chin.

14. 140 stitches in my head. After an atv accident.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Did it get your face at all?

That's a shit load of stitches :p

16. From my eye to behind my ear. It's faded a lot and I wear glasses so most ppl dont notice, when the do they're like DAMN lady scar face ;) it missed my eye by 1/8th if an inch I could see my skull...I got really lucky. Haven't been on a quad since.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nice..

My scar is over my right eye...so when my hair is longer you can't see it...but when it's cut short I look like a man who's been thru close quarter combat in some war :p

Mine wound barely missed my eye too...I have a small piece of glass still embedded above my eyebrow to this day.

All in all, I kinda relish the fact I had a close brush with death at the age of 18. It's def shaped my life a little bit :smoking:

• Like Like x 3
  18. #58 YSLxStillLit, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    I have one right in the top in the center from getting hit in the head with a jar, one on the right side of my head near the top from when I was a kid. In the freezer aisle at Walmart running and hit my head on one of the handles for the freezer doors.

One in a perfect circle on my right calf from getting stuck with a hot quartz nail from a rig, buddy thought it would be funny.

One on my left index finger from laying down a bmx bike

2 that developed thick scar tissue on my left wrist

An anarchy sign that I let my friend do in high school on the top of my left shoulder

I think that's it, I got lucky a couple times.

• Like Like x 1

19. @Litthefrog that sounds brutal. My cousin was soooo messed up from a vehicle accident, it's unbelievable what humans can survive.

Initially she was kept alive in a medically induced coma. They had to remove a section of her skull so the brain could swell without causing damage by pressing against the skull.

They just put the scalp right over the massive hole, she had to wear a helmet so nothing hit her brain. She couldn't talk at first or even walk.

But when she was brought out of the medically induced coma she could answer by pointing at a yes or no card, and she had a little thing to assist her with spelling things for the nurses.

She had to do physical therapy to learn how to walk, speech therapy to learn how to talk. Somehow she's totally fine, she had no permanent brain damage.

That was 9 years ago, today she has a husband and kid and besides the scar on her throat from the tracheotomy you would never know she was in an accident like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ikr, at the time it seemed like the end of the world, but now it's like meh, what ever lol, although I am a little less reckless now than I was when I was in my teens, I guess you could say lesson learned

• Like Like x 1