Do you have depression or anxiety?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Omega369, Aug 31, 2012.

1. I have been suffering from depression but I don't smoke for it I've got allot better as I get to root of it I don't want smoking to be my only way of coping

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Im the same as most of the posts Im not gonna type it all out everyone already has. But I just know when im out or at work and I have someone to talk to that I like and we have stuff to talk about I won't be thinking about it. It's really bad just standing around not doing anything around people or by yourself while out or something like that. And once I notice it's getting kind of bad usually is when I try to keep thinking it's all in my head but usually once im thinking about it it's all down hill from there. It makes for a looooong and hard day sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. we all do in some form. I'm not real happy with my life at the moment but i accept it and keep on keepin on. It could be worse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats how I've been feeling too.

5. I do but I find the more I keep myself busy and stay moving both with hobbies and chores, the more people I'm forced to encounter both good and bad, the better I get. Also SUNLIGHT and books and exercise. Then weed and alcohol is more of a reward than a coping mechanism

this is some high class shit

• Like Like x 1
  6. I posted this in the unofficial positive vibes thread earlier, and slightly modified it to be more relevant here. Just own up to it and don't try to fight it. Once your accept it you can get to a place of understanding and eventually you will learn what it means to not think selfishly.

If you do it right:
    depression > apathy > acceptance > understanding > selflessness

7. I've been a mental mess ever since I can remember. A 'Nervous Ned' when I was a child...bullied and worried about grades. Diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, Bi-Polar II, nightmares (the reason i toke), clinical depression, low self-esteem (I avoid mirrors) and anxiety. I thank God schizophrenia isn't on my list! I don't hear voices. On top of that...in the past 4 years I've lost a dear uncle, mom and dad, and my wife of close to forty years! It sounds funny... But if it wasn't for my cat, I would have blown my head off a long time ago. I take Paxil for depression, Ativan for anxiety...and I drink more than I ever have. Weed DOES help! It gets me motivated so I don't sleep all day and helps with anger. Since I started a grow recently, that helps also. The Mrs. had a green thumb, and it makes me feel closer to her when I'm in the growroom! I'm sixty...and still hope that someday I might feel normal. I never have! :frown: This is something I'd never write on Facebook...but given the anonymity of this site, it's somewhat cathartic to share.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've long had experience with insomnia. I've gone through several different routines, some of which help at different times.
    • Relaxation therapy. Tense and relax muscles progressively through the body. Give yourself a mental massage. Generally good for tension, not so good with an overactive mind.
    • Guided meditation. I have a three step program that works decently well, especially if I'm over anxious. Three words, 'center, release, relax.' Locate myself in my body, pull my attention into myself instead of scattered all over the place. Then visualize standing open armed and open handed under a cherry tree. Let the blossoms fall where they may. Don't grasp at them, bat them away or cling to them. Let the past go. Let the present go. Let the future go. Let individual people go. Then finally, if I make it that far without falling asleep, go through the relaxation exercises from earlier. Let myself feel heavy and relax further into the bed.
    • Make up a story or situation that has absolutely nothing to do with my real life. Sometimes I imagine what would be in my house if it was a holodeck and could have absolutely anything that could be imagined. Or I imagine solving fictional characters problems for them. Whatever works.
    • If my senses are overwhelming me as sometimes happens when I'm overtired, then focus on them. Let the tinnitus turn into music. Let the flashes of light or flashbacks occurring in your vision become real visions. The realer they become, the closer I am to sleep.